Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM

136 posts, read 240,253 times

Advertisements

Oh no, and I thought WF was immune from everything, including natural disasters. No, really, very sorry to hear that, and I feel your pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Not in PSE&G's service area, but our power came back on around 8:30 this evening. Frustrating, but someone is always worse off. Hope everyone gets their power back and homes cleaned up soon.

Last edited by ilovemycomputer90; 08-30-2011 at 08:53 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Not in PSE&G's service area, but our power came back on around 8:30 this evening. Frustrating, but someone is always worse off. Hope everyone gets their power back and homes cleaned up soon.
I second that. I feel really lucky--lost power for about 36 hours, and had to throw out some food. Big deal.

Meanwhile, some of my coworkers still have no power and have extensive water damage to their homes besides. My next door neighbor no longer has a job because the restaurant where he works was in water up to its roof.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
you really think there are that many available? think again. the entire east coast is calling for assistance. Unless PSE&G has a cooperative agreement, they aren't getting nearly that many. Nor is there the needed materials standing by.

Going five or six days is more than a possibility. The waters won't start receding until Wednesday. As far as underground wiring, where do you think all that water will be going destroying the equipment? As the ground was already saturated 9 inches of rain overwhelmed the ground.

I've lost power for six days twice in the past few years. The house is wired with a full house genset with five days of LP fuel. It runs all needs services. Down side is internet services are not always up.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,496 times
101 hours without power, and it came back on at 5am this morning. hopefully any of those remaining without power will have theirs restored very soon too.

JCP&L, morris county.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,925,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
101 hours without power, and it came back on at 5am this morning. hopefully any of those remaining without power will have theirs restored very soon too.

JCP&L, morris county.
We still have no luck so that husband decided to bring my son to the office today even he is on vacation this week.

JCP&L, Union county

Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 AM

311 posts, read 1,385,605 times
Hi,

I'm wondering if someone on this board could help. I have relatives who relocated to Willingboro this weekend (I know, I know). Anyway I was able to ascertain on Monday that the house was fine but they had no power. I have not been able to reach them at all since then. Does anyone know what the power situation is in Willingboro? Are there any estimates on the time it will take to restore? Was there any flooding in this area? I have been searching the internet trying to get a handle on it but can't get any definitive answers. I'm in Maryland so I don't have a clue except for what I could judge from the map that they were not near the ocean. Other than that, I only know that they are about 3 hours from me. I was thinking of riding up there this weekend, but don't even know if that is practical or advisable.

I would surely appreciate any help you can give. I think they are in walking distance to Levitt Middle School and a post office on Salem Road.

Edited to add: is this the right board to post on for Willingboro?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
We were extraordinarily lucky. We didn't lose power at all, but I'd say close to half of my town (Morris County) was out at one point. I have friends still without power, don't know the ETA.

Oddly enough, we went down to Wildwood Monday through Wednesday and they ended up faring MUCH better than interior areas. There was absolutely no sign that a hurricane blew through. No damage, no debris, it really was strange quite frankly.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:13 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
I would surely appreciate any help you can give. I think they are in walking distance to Levitt Middle School and a post office on Salem Road.

Edited to add: is this the right board to post on for Willingboro?
Willingboro is in Burlington County, which is covered in the South Jersey subforum. I work near that area and haven't heard anything about severe flooding or long term power loss in Willingboro. Most this area (Camden, Gloucester and western Bulrington Counties) is pretty much back to normal and the only area of South Jersey (aside from the shore itself) that still has issues is Cumberland and Salem Counties where there was a lot of flooding from lakes and roads washed out.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:02 PM

311 posts, read 1,385,605 times
Thanks for your help, NJGoat. I will post on South Jersey forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey