Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 15,646 times

Advertisements

i am very familiary with both fl and sr. houses in franklin lakes,nj look very small compared to saddle river,nj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 PM

328 posts, read 1,196,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baobao View Post
i am very familiary with both fl and sr. houses in franklin lakes,nj look very small compared to saddle river,nj.
Maybe you're not looking in the right neighborhoods in Franklin Lakes. Many of it's houses are just as big as those in Saddle River. FL covers a very large area with many different sections. Some older houses and many newer. Former NY Giants football player Phil Simms owns a huge house on Old Mill Road in Franklin Lakes.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,474 times
Default hey

Hi, I recently moved from Upper Saddle River to Saddle River. Upper Saddle River is a very nice town- the school system is great (the middle school principal was named the best principal in new jersey), and there are many historical landmarks, such as a civil war burial ground and a house part of the underground railroad. Saddle River is different in that it has a shopping district and the property on which the house sits is bigger. The actual house itself is not always bigger. I love both towns, they are both so beautiful!
Also, Upper Saddle River is NOT cliquey!! Everyone is very nice!!

And if you live in Upper Saddle River, it is likely that you can afford one of the lower-end houses in Saddle River!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 8,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Maybe you're not looking in the right neighborhoods in Franklin Lakes. Many of it's houses are just as big as those in Saddle River. FL covers a very large area with many different sections. Some older houses and many newer. Former NY Giants football player Phil Simms owns a huge house on Old Mill Road in Franklin Lakes.
Without a doubt you cannot compare Franklin Lakes with Saddle River, perhaps Franklin Lakes with Upper Saddle River but no way Saddle River. I would compare Saddle River with Alpine, but you cant compare FL with Saddle River. There are no way homes of Saddle River caliber and magnitude in Franklin Lakes - most properties or should I say 95% of the town are not on acres of land in Franklin Lakes as they are in Saddle River. For this reason I would compare FL with USR also the percentage of homes in Frankin Lakes and their price range compare to those in Upper Saddle River. Franklin Lakes homes in no way shape or form in the same defination of Saddle River. You can definetly compare Franklin Lakes with Upper Saddle River. And ok so Phil Sims lives in FL, his house is nothing compared to some of the homes in Saddle River. I would compare his house to homes in Upper Saddle River. Can I tell you who lived in Saddle River, Former President Nixon and can I tell you that Saddle River has sports figures, past and present, actors/actress, music mogels, producers, etc. etc. I believer Franklin Lakes has a former Nets player from early 2000, former Mets manager and Kelly Ripa and they no longer live there. For privacy of those famous that live in Saddle River, I belive having said Fromer President Nixon lived int he town is enough. Sorry, I have to reiterate, in no way shape or form can FL be up against SR and even though its more in line with USR, hands down USR is over and above FL. School just for 1 is top in state, I can go on so I will keep it at how great it is because of the school system since that's a big factor in Real Estate. Thank you.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:56 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,523,463 times
This is kind of crazy to argue about which suburban town is richer and better.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
This thread is like getting a bunch of Mensa members in a room, and calling the guy with a 170 IQ a "dummy".

Yeah, Saddle River is richer than Upper Saddle River. So what? Both towns are obscenely wealthy.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
I think the op is looking for not only a prestigious place to live but to keep and drive his "toys" around as well. For example, you would NOT leave a Mclaren (any variety) on the street overnight ANYWHERE in Newark/Irvington.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:09 PM

35 posts, read 228,734 times
My brother lives on chestnut ridge road over by old woods Road in saddle river...take a drive down the road and look to the left and right...by the time you are to the end of the road I am sure you will understand why nothing else compares (except some houses in Alpine like the ones on Margo Way). There are no issues with crime because everyone has gates and its so dark at night that you are a fool if you walking around looking for trouble (as there are no sidewalks and you might get hit by a passing car driven by some drunk rich person jk).

Old 11-25-2008, 02:58 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I think the op is looking for not only a prestigious place to live but to keep and drive his "toys" around as well. For example, you would NOT leave a Mclaren (any variety) on the street overnight ANYWHERE in Newark/Irvington.
You would not even leave any new car on those streets at night. The next morning either the car would be gone or all 4 wheels.

Diane G

Old 07-28-2011, 07:43 AM

205 posts, read 692,739 times
I know this post is old, but just want to correct the post that said SR had no schools for people who may be looking at this post as a reference when considering Saddle River. The do have Wandell (I think that is the spelling) Elementary School. Not sure what grade it goes up to, and then for middle school kids go to Ramsey, and can stay in Ramsey for high school, or attend Northern Highlands Regional High School along with kids from USR, Allendale (where the high school is) and Ho-Ho-Kus.

I will say that I do think a good number of SR kids go to private school, including Saddle River Day School which is located in Saddle River.

Last edited by Lilycharm; 07-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Left out a sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey