Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 02:41 PM

26 posts, read 171,995 times

Advertisements

The Days On market Are Up, The Inventory Is Up And Home Prices Are Falling!

Some would say cash out now , Others say wait and ride it out

What do You say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 11:12 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
When have prices been falling? Nothing is selling, everything has been sitting on the market for while. But when did prices start dropping? Has anyone else noticed this?

Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
I think the market is in the process of correcting. Real estate became over inflated. I don't see any large drop in prices where I am (Morris). Also due to the time of the year (end of summer) buyers aren't out there.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:13 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Prices haven't dropped in West Essex either.

Prices in our area are very much tied to the stock market. I hope that picks up soon or else prices may start to drop. We need the wall street guys keeping the top end of the market high or else everything else will crumble.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
When have prices been falling? Nothing is selling, everything has been sitting on the market for while. But when did prices start dropping? Has anyone else noticed this?
i've seen a few houses drop over $100K (morris). but still on the market. of course, they were absolutely outrageously priced to begin with. these homes have been on the market for over 1 year.

most houses right now have only been dropping $10K, $20K, but are still sitting. the new construction (built ~2 yrs ago) that are for sale are definitely not dropping since the owners would lose $$$. i guess they aren't serious about selling.

my next door neighbor sold her house last november after being on the market for 6 mos. got about 98% of asking. now, there's another house, same size/model, worse location, WAY smaller yard, asking $75K MORE than my neighbor got. i seriously don't know what some ppl are thinking.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguynj View Post
The Days On market Are Up, The Inventory Is Up And Home Prices Are Falling!

Some would say cash out now , Others say wait and ride it out

What do You say
Houses are dropping, but the realtors there are not omiting it. Three neighbors sold after me, and for quite a bit less. 2 were on market over a year, the 3rd just got lucky because the realtor had a buyer for the one accross the street and that one was finally gone. They went on the market a few months after I did last year but I had dropped my price and there price reflected 2005 prices where 2 of the houses sold in the $500,00S. Both houses that sold had less land than I did, and one did not have a pool. I had a Lazy L pool , Deck, Gazebo, and 1 1/4 acres.
Our Market here in TN is not dead because we have large companies moving here for tax advanages and bringing their employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey