Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:38 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,770,398 times

Advertisements

I will be in Hoboken Oct 8th and need to park in a lot and leave it there overnite. Can someone that knows the area well suggest a safe, inexpensive lot in the area of 3rd and Hudson? Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,027,627 times
There's a few lots right by the PATH station that aren't terribly pricey. I once left my car overnight in the one directly adjacent to the PATH by accident. I was 17, didn't notice the very small "lot closes at absurdly early hour, especially for a lot next to 24 hour mass transit to NYC" sign and came back around 11 to find the lot closed.

But when I came back the next day to get my car it was a-ok, and they didn't charge me any extra!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,834,107 times
Why don't you use the Secaucus JCT lot which is right next to the Turnpike , even has its own Exit , or the Harrison PATH parking lot. Both will save you from the Hell Called Hoboken Traffic.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM

88,487 posts, read 84,616,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Why don't you use the Secaucus JCT lot which is right next to the Turnpike , even has its own Exit , or the Harrison PATH parking lot. Both will save you from the Hell Called Hoboken Traffic.
I second the Secaucus lot.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,027,627 times
Quote:
This.

Any time Hoboken can be avoided is a good time.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,770,398 times
Quote:
I'm not that worried about traffic because I'm only driving in, parking and then the next day driving out. My friend lives there and I wanted to park within walking distance of his apartment which is near 3rd and Hudson. I'm not at all familiar with what you described, I'll have a suitcase and handbag I have to tote around so I'm trying to keep it simple. Thx!

Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM

19 posts, read 53,237 times
If you do not see any actual lots that fit your criteria, but you see apartments that have lots included you could try asking the building management if they have any spots available. Our apartment did not have a lot, but the building over allowed us to pay for a space.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,834,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I'm not that worried about traffic because I'm only driving in, parking and then the next day driving out. My friend lives there and I wanted to park within walking distance of his apartment which is near 3rd and Hudson. I'm not at all familiar with what you described, I'll have a suitcase and handbag I have to tote around so I'm trying to keep it simple. Thx!
Well if your coming from SC , then take 95 through NJ to Exit 15X park and ride the train in. Driving into Hoboken and Parking is something that only insane people do....its very stressful and something that should be avoided. Its also cheaper parking at Secaucus or Harrison the in Hoboken. All trains drop you off within 3rd and Hudson , about 3 blocks to the south to be exact. If you want to use the Harrison Garage you take I-95 to Exit 15W then I-280 to Exit 16 then follow the signs. Harrison is probably cheaper then Secaucus.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,661,880 times
Secaucus? Really? It's $20 to park there for 24 hours, you have to lug all of your suitcases from the lot all the way to the platform, pay $2.75 each way, so that's $5.50, and the trip takes 15 minutes each way, pay for a cab in Hoboken, $5 flat fee(you could walk, it's only 4 blocks) So by the time you park, walk to the terminal, take the train, wait in a cab line you are all in for at least an hour each way and $35.50. Parking cost at any lot in Hoboken for 24 hours...about $26 for 10-24hrs and the lot is right next to where you need to be. Getting from 14th street in Hoboken(where traffic will start) to 3rd and Hudson will take you 10 minutes, even if you hit every light.

Central Parking System | Home

Old 09-22-2011, 11:56 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,391,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
can you friend grab you a visitor tag for $3, so you can park on the street? if not, you're looking at $20+ for overnight parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey