Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About Governor Jon Corzine?
I think he is doing an excellent job 5 5.56%
I think he is doing a good job 3 3.33%
I think he is doing a fair job 14 15.56%
I think he is doing a poor job 57 63.33%
I think Governor Jon Corzine should surrender the 'questionable' emails to a review board. 21 23.33%
Corzine is above State Law. He appointed the Attorney General and the leader of the Supreme Court 12 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM

328 posts, read 1,196,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Agreed!

I also think that what we don't know what is possibly yet coming from Governor Corzine and "crew" is much more frightening.
Does anyone remember his former corrupt attorney general Zulima Farber? The corruption in this state is systematic. The political parties actually run the state. The governors are just replaceable parts. Regardless if it's McGreevey, Codey or Corzine it's all the same outcome. Before that witless Whitman was not much better. She just seemed better compared to Flim-Flam Florio.

Last edited by KewlGuy; 08-23-2007 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:56 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
This was my response to two different threads which applies here:

"Most of NJ will eventually become a place solely for the elite to live in with some "ghetto" areas for the extreme poor that the government will support them like in NY - it hasn't gotten to that point quite yet, but soon enough especially with the corrupt government bodies NJ always will have.

To me if one wants to become the ultimate crook, they become a politician in this state. It doesn't matter what party they represent either as it always comes out to be the same result in the end. I just see NO END to this whatsoever as because they know that they have NYC as their main attribute to raise the cost of living almost at will."

Old 08-24-2007, 07:56 AM

132 posts, read 520,336 times
Not sure if he is a crook but it is impossible to get anything changed in NJ because you need to give and take with all the crooks under him.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Default I think Corzine's mother just voted in the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
What Do You Think Of Governor Jon Corzine...?

He is surrounded by too much corruption. I'm interested in hearing more about these emails between him and the union leader.

His first Attorney General was an extremely poor choice of his. (An Attorney General quits because of her own ethics disgrace.)

I think Corzine's mother just voted in the poll. Either her or his labor leader girlfriend.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Agreed!

I also think that what we don't know what is possibly yet coming from Governor Corzine and "crew" is much more frightening.
He has plenty of his own money to buy people off.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 PM

24 posts, read 144,133 times
I said a fair job. I don't care who you are, you'd have to be a damn good politician to bring the state out of its rut.

That said, I plan on going into law enforcement and let's just say, if I were a State Trooper, I wouldn't exactly want protective duty of Corzine.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM

7 posts, read 42,492 times
I don't like him for cryin out loud he did NOT wear a seat bbelt and got into ana ccident

Old 08-28-2007, 06:56 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WO Town Kid View Post
I said a fair job. I don't care who you are, you'd have to be a damn good politician to bring the state out of its rut.

That said, I plan on going into law enforcement and let's just say, if I were a State Trooper, I wouldn't exactly want protective duty of Corzine.
Respectfully, I don't think he's doing a fair job being he hasn't delivered on his promise of lowering property taxes - in fact they've only gone up.

NJ is 50 plus BILLION DOLLARS in debt - I'd like to see what rabbit the NJ government pulls out of the proverbial hat to pay this off. Also underfunded pensions, I'd love to see what will happen when the proverbial s_it eventually hits the fan.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I think Corzine's mother just voted in the poll. Either her or his labor leader girlfriend.
Speaking of his mother. This is a fact.

When he was running for the Senate. His mother donated the max allowed to Bergen County ($32,000). Mind you, she was at that time 89 years old and living on teachers pension. The woman also lives in Illinois and has never been in NJ.

I just wonder where she got the money from?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO Town Kid View Post

What about being his State Trooper driver...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey