U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 AM

17 posts, read 30,363 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the multiple posts. I'd like to ask if anyone can recommend a cheap Furniture store around Bergen and Essex County.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 AM

859 posts, read 2,439,268 times
Never been, but see their commercials all the time. They have a location in Clifton:
http://www.unclaimedfreight.us/

Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 AM

17 posts, read 30,363 times
Oh, thanks!

Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM

2,517 posts, read 5,679,307 times
Bob's Discount Furniture Stores. The stuff does not last but looks pretty good and you really can't beat the prices. Bob's Discount Furniture

As with any store the sales people are a real PITA but they do have free cookies and ice cream. I would recommend shopping in the store and then buying online, they take FOREVER to process orders in the store. The best part is at least you don't have to worry about haggeling over price. All their prices are locked and posted on their website.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM

14,940 posts, read 18,102,002 times
Another caution regarding Bob's Furniture Store:

I have seen complaints on more than one consumer-oriented site where folks claim that they wound up with bedbugs in their home as a result of the new mattresses/furniture in Bob's trucks having to share space with old mattresses being carted away by Bob's.

While I suppose that this could happen with any furniture delivery truck that also hauls away old mattresses, I have only seen this type of complaint in connection with Bob's Furniture.

Just something to think about...

Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 AM

2,517 posts, read 5,679,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Another caution regarding Bob's Furniture Store:

I have seen complaints on more than one consumer-oriented site where folks claim that they wound up with bedbugs in their home as a result of the new mattresses/furniture in Bob's trucks having to share space with old mattresses being carted away by Bob's.

While I suppose that this could happen with any furniture delivery truck that also hauls away old mattresses, I have only seen this type of complaint in connection with Bob's Furniture.

Just something to think about...
Yeh this is a big problem for every high volume furniture store, we saw similar complaints from Raymore and Flanningan, and Macy's. I'm confused though because every piece of furniture I've ever had delivered, regardless of what store I got it from, had been thoroughly wrapped in plastic, cushions and all. The easy fix to avoid that is to make sure you are the first delivery of the day. Something you can work out if you raise enough hell with the delivery department.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM

1,516 posts, read 3,636,027 times
I've had good experiences at M.S.O. Furniture Outlet in Fairfield.
Contrary to what you'll see on the Internet, they do NOT have a web site
(at least not that I'm aware of).

Old 09-27-2011, 12:49 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,198,601 times
Another reccomendation for Bob's. We bought our sofa from there 4 years ago, we have a little boy and entertain fairly often. The couch is a cream colored microfiber and it still looks & feels great and it was VERY affordable. We have had no problems with it becoming lose or anything like that (and we've moved three times since we got it!!)

One night while we were having a get together and were all seated on the couch (it seats 13) and some one commented how comfortable it was it launched a disscussion about how they all loved the couch and two of the couples who both had Pottery Barn couches were complaining hwo frumpy thier couches were looking compared to ours that was 1/4 of the price and more more comfortable.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM

143 posts, read 270,899 times
Don't forget Ikea in Paramus. If you don't want to take home and put the furniture together yourself you can pay to have it done for you!

There is also the Salvation Army in Dover (there is also one in Newark but I'm get scared to go to Newark).

And my favorite, the Mine Hill Restore (Habitat for Humanity). Yes, the last two are in Morris County.

Of course if you go to a charity shop you will have to either bring a truck or trailer or possibly have it delivered by them (Habitat for Humanity used College Hunks Hauling Junk).

Of course, I bought my bed and mattress brand-new in a bed store (never would buy it used).

Bob's Furniture commercials really turn me off. And bedbugs, ick!

Besides, I've learned my lesson in the last few years: Never go in debt to buy furniture. Your tastes may change and then you are stuck with big, expensive furniture you don't want anymore.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:12 PM

572 posts, read 1,819,967 times
My entire condo is furnished with Bob's as well as my brothers apartment. My stuff is 5 years old and has been moved twice and it is still as perfect as the day I got it.

Bed bugs are a problem for a majority of furniture stores, not just Bob's. There are complaints agains Macy's, Raymour and Fannigan and Ashley Furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or