U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 PM

418 posts, read 1,286,227 times

Advertisements

Looking for a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment in Jersey City, with possibly even a view of Manhattan or at least, not too far from it. We are a family of 3, with 1 kid (home schooled, so not looking for schools).

What should I be looking to pay? Also, any recommendations for good apartments, streets to look for, or avoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 PM

188 posts, read 350,675 times
Not sure about prices, but if you want on the water your best bets are around Pavonia/Newport or Exchange Place Path stations.

This site has a lot of good information on Jersey City Jersey City List - Message Forum

For rentals Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Kijiji, and Craigslist Apartments

Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,933,935 times
Default Apartment rentals in Jersey City

If you're moving to Jersey City & are homeschooling your child, be aware of certain things. We lived in JC (Newport) & our son attended private school in Hoboken. The vacation schedules of his school were totally different from the JC public schools.

If your child goes to the JC public library during hours / days when the JC public schools are in session, the librarian will call the police. The JC police will stop & question your child if caught walking around during a time that the JC pubic schools are in session.

I can't tell you how many times I had to explain that my son went to a private school in Hoboken & their vacation schedules were different. It didn't take long for me to figure out that on days that his school was closed & the JC schools were open, we would go into Manhattan - I got so tired of having to prove that my kid attended a private school with a different schedule.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 AM

10,524 posts, read 6,010,863 times
I concur with Daliowa. Homeschool in Newport. You will have any easy commute to NYC, the area is safe and you are close to shopping centers.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
Default 181 Erie St. - St. Michel's Academy Apartments

I thought these were luxury apartments, why all the roaches?? I wake up to HUGE roaches daily, even after the monthly "exterminator" sprays around the baseboards. Lease is up in 6 months, I'm outta here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or