Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM

605 posts, read 2,147,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Did you inherit money or are you a trophy wife? I'm wondering how someone as clueless as yourself is in the market for a $1.5m home.

I am not familiar with skimming. I have a Master's Degree from Boston College.

Keep in mind....cyber bullying is in the front pages these days. It is just a matter of time before people such as yourself (and many others on this forum) can be charged with cyber bullying which includes harassment. You are engaging in harassment. What you have written is permanent. I encourage you to stop harassing me ASAP. If you continue, I will pursue whatever means necessary to stop your behavior. I will not ask again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Did you inherit money or are you a trophy wife? I'm wondering how someone as clueless as yourself is in the market for a $1.5m home.

Tyler, in case you aren't aware of it, I will tell you that your comment was really inappropriate.
Why would you feel compelled to make a comment such as that?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:03 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Tyler, in case you aren't aware of it, I will tell you that your comment was really inappropriate.
Why would you feel compelled to make a comment such as that?
While the comments are wrong, I don't think it would qualify for harrasment or bullying. If it does then as a society we're all screwed.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:10 PM

605 posts, read 2,147,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
While the comments are wrong, I don't think it would qualify for harrasment or bullying. If it does then as a society we're all screwed.

I keep getting harassed about a previous post about having trouble finding a decent home in Summit of a budget up to 1.2million. It has been a little while, and it keeps coming up in other posts that have nothing to do with it. The continued harassment is cyber bullying and inappropriate.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post
I keep getting harassed about a previous post about having trouble finding a decent home in Summit of a budget up to 1.2million. It has been a little while, and it keeps coming up in other posts that have nothing to do with it. The continued harassment is cyber bullying and inappropriate.
Wait??? Are you the one who was depressed trying to find a house for 1.2 million?

Guess you really opened a can of worms with that post, but it's still wrong to keep on bringing it up.

HEY PEOPLE!!!! STOP HARASSING HER Hope this helps.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 PM

143 posts, read 302,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
This has happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks, first with a Discover Card, then with a bank ATM card. No losses, but as of now, I will no longer use cards for buying gas. They get cash. And for good measure, I'm changing my gas stations. I can't prove it was them, but they are the most likely culprit since they physically take your card and it is often out of sight for a short time.

Furthermore, I will not use a gas station that does not have credit card pumps where I can watch the entire transaction. If they use the old fashioned system where you physically sign, I won't use them.

And, with Bank of America now starting to charge for debit card use, I am going to take their cards out of my wallet entirely. Time to go back to dedicated credit cards with no fees, or good old cash.

It doesn't matter if you can see them. The Cedar Grove Exxon on the corner of Pompton and Bradford has the cc slots in front and your credit card never leaves your sight and it STILL had skimmers attached. Just use cash at gas stations!

Police: no leads in card-skimmer planting - NorthJersey.com

Old 10-04-2011, 04:29 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I was also skimmed by a gas station but solved how to fix it.

My bank gave me a new separate debit card with a limit of $100 that I use for fuel purchases. Even if they skim my new card, the most they're going to be able to get is $100...period and that's not worth their trouble.
This is a good idea. Can I ask what bank this was?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:31 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumra View Post
look at the pump for a credit card slot.
The station that skimmed my card had a slot for the card right on the pump, that doesn't make it safer. They put skimming devices on the card reader on the pump, you won't notice them unless you actually get out and inspect the pump, even then I'm not sure I would recognize it. They put them on ATM machines, too.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The station that skimmed my card had a slot for the card right on the pump, that doesn't make it safer. They put skimming devices on the card reader on the pump, you won't notice them unless you actually get out and inspect the pump, even then I'm not sure I would recognize it. They put them on ATM machines, too.
Seems like cash is the only foolproof method left. My backup plan to that is my Bank of America Internet account. That is a special account set up solely for small retail purchases. I never keep more than a few hundred in that account, and ALL Internet purchases and small retail transactions go through the single ATM card dedicated to that account. My losses are thus limited. The only downside is you have to carefully monitor the account and make sure it is funded for your purchases. You actually do not want overdraft protection on this account for obvious reasons.

The card that got skimmed last week was my Internet card, so no loss and I simply have to get a new one with a new number.

I believe everyone should set up an Internet bank account and use that for small purchases. If everyone did that, the thieves profitability would drop sharply and they might be forced to find other crimes to commit. Which I'm sure they would...

Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post

Your first day on the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey