U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM

18 posts, read 80,278 times

Advertisements

Does anyone take this bus to/from Port Authority in New York? I have questions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 PM

143 posts, read 158,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcd View Post
Does anyone take this bus to/from Port Authority in New York? I have questions.
I have taken this bus regularly in the past, although not recently.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rahrah View Post
I have taken this bus regularly in the past, although not recently.
There's a difference between the 66 and 66R when you're leaving Port Authority, right? And do the buses often run behind schedule? I got on what I thought was the 66R bus since it left from the assigned gate at the assigned time, but it turned out to be the wrong bus.

Is it just me, or is Port Authority set up in a confusing manner for buses? I found myself staring down a crowded hallway for several minutes before I realized that there were several dozen lines for the bus gates. I didn't see any signs around to explain the procedure, and the tired commuters weren't a whole lot of help either.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 AM

95 posts, read 301,276 times
There is only one 66R (Express) at 5:35pm which sometimes runs behind the schedule. The line for this bus lines up on the left side of the gate. The line for the 66 (or local) lines up on the right side of the gate. Hope this helps.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-er in WO View Post
There is only one 66R (Express) at 5:35pm which sometimes runs behind the schedule. The line for this bus lines up on the left side of the gate. The line for the 66 (or local) lines up on the right side of the gate. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much! I'll give this a try.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-er in WO View Post
Can I also ask you which gate it is, please? I tried this a few weeks ago and the ticket agent told me to wait at Gate 412. I got on the bus and it turned out that it was the regular 66, not the 66R, so I had to get off at the last stop in West Orange and take a cab home. Come to think of it, though, it was later than 5:35 so I probably missed the express bus.

I asked a few people waiting on line whether it was the 66 or the 66R and nobody was helpful.

There's really only one 66R, though? I'm looking at the online schedule and it says there are several 66Rs that go to my stop. I don't really care about getting the express bus, I just want to be able to get off at my particular stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey