U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM

333 posts, read 690,903 times
Default How is the commute from Bayonne to Midtown Manhattan?

Specifically, around Port Authority and Rockefeller Center area? Im looking for a 1 bedroom but everything is expensive. I was originally looking into Weehawken, Hoboken, or Jersey City. Its either too expensive or in the hood. Bayonne seems to be cheaper with less crime, but further away from the city. Does anyone do this commute or can estimate how long it would take?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 PM

4,756 posts, read 9,496,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
Specifically, around Port Authority and Rockefeller Center area? Im looking for a 1 bedroom but everything is expensive. I was originally looking into Weehawken, Hoboken, or Jersey City. Its either too expensive or in the hood. Bayonne seems to be cheaper with less crime, but further away from the city. Does anyone do this commute or can estimate how long it would take?
I work near the Empire State Building and have a couple of co-workers who live in Bayonne. It takes them about 70-90 minutes door-to-door via light rail and PATH. The light rail is what determines whether the trip is 70 or 90 minutes.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:25 PM

12,336 posts, read 13,260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I work near the Empire State Building and have a couple of co-workers who live in Bayonne. It takes them about 70-90 minutes door-to-door via light rail and PATH. The light rail is what determines whether the trip is 70 or 90 minutes.
He would have to take the Light Rail to the PATH to the Subway....for Rockefeller...

Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 PM

312 posts, read 482,493 times
how much are you looking to spend on rent?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM

333 posts, read 690,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
So the lightrail must take a while since it shouldnt take that long to go from Path to midtown. From hoboken station to 33rd St it shouldnt take more than 20 mins or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduflow View Post
how much are you looking to spend on rent?
Roughly $1000 for a 1 bedroom. My only other option it looks like is jersey city, but the not as desirable part like journal square or the heights.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 AM

4,756 posts, read 9,496,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
So the lightrail must take a while since it shouldnt take that long to go from Path to midtown. From hoboken station to 33rd St it shouldnt take more than 20 mins or so.

Roughly $1000 for a 1 bedroom. My only other option it looks like is jersey city, but the not as desirable part like journal square or the heights.
Most of the door-to-door time is spent off-train. Walking to light rail, waiting for the light rail, walking over to PATH and waiting for PATH, walking from PATH to wherever (in the OP's case, adding a wait for Subway and a ride on Subway to get to Rock Ctr., then however long it takes to walk from there to the office). My door-to-door commute is about 45 minutes, although only 17 of those minutes are riding the train. The rest is walking and waiting on the platform.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:53 AM

5 posts, read 10,045 times
Default should not take more than 50 to 60 minutes

Hi,
In addition to the lt rail, I used to take an express bus from Bayonne (Avenue C) to the Grove Street Path station which really made the trip to any path stop in the city very convenient and fast.

By the way, we have an apartment for rent in beautiful and safe midtown Bayonne, should you be interested.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:32 PM

21 posts, read 51,003 times
Default Bayonne to Downtown, specifically WTC

Sorry, to hijack your post.... could anybody tell me travel time from Bayonne (say for example from Avenue C at 43rd Street or West 15th Street at Kennedy Blvd. Avenue) to downtown Manhattan (specific loaction 120 Broadway) or near WTC, either mode of transport is ok, I just want to figure out the least amount of time.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:58 PM

12,336 posts, read 13,260,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Kat View Post
Sorry, to hijack your post.... could anybody tell me travel time from Bayonne (say for example from Avenue C at 43rd Street or West 15th Street at Kennedy Blvd. Avenue) to downtown Manhattan (specific loaction 120 Broadway) or near WTC, either mode of transport is ok, I just want to figure out the least amount of time.
You can walk over 2 blocks and up 2 blocks to the 45th Street Light Rail station and take that to Exchange Place where you can get the PATH to the World Trade Center. On days where the PATH is having issues , remember you take the Ferry from Hoboken or Exchange place to Lower Manhattan.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 PM

21 posts, read 51,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
You can walk over 2 blocks and up 2 blocks to the 45th Street Light Rail station and take that to Exchange Place where you can get the PATH to the World Trade Center. On days where the PATH is having issues , remember you take the Ferry from Hoboken or Exchange place to Lower Manhattan.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey