U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,564,153 times

Advertisements

Is "The Hearth " burger place still on route 17 and was it Ridgewood Avenue, just outside Paramus Park? I was last there in 1980 and prior, thought their burgers were awesome

is the Forum Diner (and another one off route 4, other side(eastbound) someplace near the Riverside Sq Mall in Hackensack area) and their huge salad bars still there?

if these places no longer exist, please is you could suggest some authentic char coal broiled burger places and big salad bar places in that area

thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 04:31 PM

302 posts, read 1,834,727 times
The Fireplace is still on Rt 17 in Paramus at Ridgewood Ave. The burgers are pretty good. The Forum Diner is closed down now.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:37 PM

Default thank you

the heart was in Monsey NY on route 59 i got them confused. great that the Fireplace is still there.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 PM

1,203 posts, read 2,494,790 times
Fireplace is indeed still there and still awesome. Some other great burgers can be found at Lazy Lanigans in Hackensack, 101 Pub in Bogota, Gregory T's in Emerson, Porterhouse in Montvale. I hear the burgers at Houston's in Riverside Sq are pretty great as well. Iron Horse used to be great but I feel they've gone downhill in recent years.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:52 PM

Default there was a restaurant we used to stop at on route 4 eastbound

around Riverside Sq.it had a big salad bar and traditional surroundings (lots of wood) it was just south of route 4 i was last there 17 years ago if it's still there what is the name?

Old 10-15-2011, 06:18 PM

51,361 posts, read 50,609,566 times
This is funny, I just mentioned The Fireplace to someone the other day. I no longer live in Bergen County, but I think the next time I visit my mother I'm going to go there. I love their burgers.

Found a similar taste down here in Monmouth, but I would like to go to The Fireplace again.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Found a similar taste down here in Monmouth, but I would like to go to The Fireplace again.
What place is that? The lady's family is in Shrewsbury, always looking for new places to explore and grab a good burger.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Default I have to go to Ramsey

soon I will definitely stop for lunch at the FP

is the decor the same as it was 31 years ago? wood seats, informal atmosphere?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:47 PM

41 posts, read 99,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
soon I will definitely stop for lunch at the FP

is the decor the same as it was 31 years ago? wood seats, informal atmosphere?
Still exactly the same. I don't think it's worth a 20+ minute drive, but definitely great for a quick bite out to eat.

Dare I say... I like 5 Guys more...

Old 10-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasDoc View Post
Still exactly the same. I don't think it's worth a 20+ minute drive, but definitely great for a quick bite out to eat.

Dare I say... I like 5 Guys more...
Nah see I think it would be, especially for the nostalgia factor! Seems like that's what OP is looking for. And atmosphere can and does affect the overall experience!

5 Guys is decent, but it was way better before it came to NJ. As any chain, seems like it started really great and unique, and as it spread more it became more watered down and crappy to meet the demand. Ok maybe not crappy, but it will never compare.

Don't get me wrong, a good burger for sure! And of the fast food style burgers, they are high up on the scale for sure; their only competition could be if Shake Shack or In N Out ever opened in NJ, which will never happen. But I wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

But also, as with ANYTHING, personal taste is just that, personal taste! Hell, I've known folks to say White Castle is better than White Manna. And that Budweiser is better than Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Everything tastes different to everyone, so there can be no right or wrong really.

Quality aside, if that even matters to you (sometimes it's ok to look the other way), as long as it tastes good and you feel happy, I say dig in and/or drink up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey