Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:02 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
That is because Northerners do. They think Southerners are not as smart as Northerners which is not true at all. Many US Presidents came fom the south.
Remember, I'm from LI , NY orginally and its always a northerner that you find complaining. Southerners handle things in a calmer matter. I like that about living here and I could never live there again.
Diane
It has occurred to me that you moved to Tennessee with your husbands' New Jersey salary of 100k plus. This has afforded you a large home in Brentwood, a paid for Toyota, a great Tennessee education for your daughter, tickets for the symphony etc,etc.
I think you should be thanking New Jersey for your good fortune.
Don't you?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:12 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,177 times
Well maybe everything except the education. You don't need $$$ down there to pay tuition. Not compared to most of the U.S. It's a sweet deal.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
It has occurred to me that you moved to Tennessee with your husbands' New Jersey salary of 100k plus. This has afforded you a large home in Brentwood, a paid for Toyota, a great Tennessee education for your daughter, tickets for the symphony etc,etc.
I think you should be thanking New Jersey for your good fortune.
Don't you?
It's a NY salary, so Thank you NY.

Diane

Old 09-01-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I think that's what I like best about southerners,that rubbed off on me and I liked the change. Then I made the fatal mistake of moving back north...
I notice your in Philly. I have a friend that has lived in Philly most of his life and hates it, but doesn't hate PA. He really likes the PA dutch area. He can't move yet, because his wife works for a Philly company and his mom lives next door. His Mom won't leave and he can't leave her. He has many new neighbors and he calls them Philly Animals.
I know him from a cruise group but have got together with him and his wife at the PA rennassance Fare. He goes there because its not loaded with Philadelpians,
Diane

Old 09-01-2007, 09:26 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
It's a NY salary, so Thank you NY.

Diane
Either way it's a New York/New Jersey metro area salary, most likely uncommon in TN

Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times
Quote:
I notice your in Philly. I have a friend that has lived in Philly most of his life and hates it, but doesn't hate PA. He really likes the PA dutch area. He can't move yet, because his wife works for a Philly company and his mom lives next door. His Mom won't leave and he can't leave her. He has many new neighbors and he calls them Philly Animals.
I know him from a cruise group but have got together with him and his wife at the PA rennassance Fare. He goes there because its not loaded with Philadelpians,
Diane
I can relate about people not wanting/not able to leave PA,it's like a black hole! I was born/raised in NJ but somehow ended up living in PA most of my life,not Philly until a few years ago and that pretty much broke it for me. I've just become sick etc of the whole northeast,especially after having lived in the south for a time. I guess I broke one of the 'rules',once you go south you don't go back...(or else be cursed for life

Old 09-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Either way it's a New York/New Jersey metro area salary, most likely uncommon in TN
You are so wrong on that. There are so many companies that relocated here, Nissian Financial from Calif , Catapiller, from Illionois, to name a few. All of the peoples Husband's I know are in that 6 figure bracket. I'm you membership for a new neighbors club and its 98% relocations to the Area.
You need 6 figures to buy houses @$400,000 plus.

Diane

Old 09-01-2007, 02:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
You are so wrong on that. There are so many companies that relocated here, Nissian Financial from Calif , Catapiller, from Illionois, to name a few. All of the peoples Husband's I know are in that 6 figure bracket. I'm you membership for a new neighbors club and its 98% relocations to the Area.

Diane
I don't understand...if you're huge on TN, why aren't you posting on the TN board? I think you seem like a generally nice person, so I don't want to sound like a you-know, but I feel like you're taking a bunch of threads that are TOTALLY unrelated to TN and talking about TN. The latent psychologist in me wants to say that the person you're really trying to convince is yourself.

This thread started out about a NJ curse and magically, it's become all about TN...is anybody else sitting here saying "huh?" or is it just me?

Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:

Diane
I'm sure businesses have relocated there, but Nissan is the only one you've ever named and that certainly isn't 'naming a few'.

In Jersey:
Johnson & Johnson
Prudential Financial
Commerce Bank
-I could go on forever. That's 'naming a few'

-NJ for the longest time was the state with the highest income per capita (now we're number 2, MD is number one). NJ is the 2nd highest because of the job availability in the NY/NJ metro area.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't understand...if you're huge on TN, why aren't you posting on the TN board? I think you seem like a generally nice person, so I don't want to sound like a you-know, but I feel like you're taking a bunch of threads that are TOTALLY unrelated to TN and talking about TN. The latent psychologist in me wants to say that the person you're really trying to convince is yourself.

This thread started out about a NJ curse and magically, it's become all about TN...is anybody else sitting here saying "huh?" or is it just me?
I do post on the TN board. I've helped a few people relocating there. I've even invited one from NJ to my New Neighbors club because she seemed lonely. She did come to a coffee because she was in Temp housing at Avalon Apts in Franklin.
If you read from the beginning you will see how it relates.
Isn't this board a relocation Board? If you read the thread about the Homeschooling mother, I was helping her find affordable Apts in NJ.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey