Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Come on now Capt. heres one from last year taken in united states

The Stanford poll was conducted June 1-7, and it found that three out of four Americans believe the Earth is warming because of human activity, and they want the government to stop it. But that's down 10 percent from a Stanford poll in 2007, dropping from 84 percent to 74
so it used to be 84% of people. but i could dig up polls too for your position.
you are saying polls are subjective? thats fine, i just found a recent poll that says 36% of americans believe global warming is caused by human activity. Neighbor chases Kidnapper, saves girl | Albuquerque, N.M. | KRQE News 13 but your original claim was subjective (your claim that most people in the world believe in manmade global warming and its only the EXTREME right that thinks otherwise) so i figure at least polls are above your claim which seemed to be pulled from your own thoughts. how many people in this world do you think make up the EXTREME right? it seems that the doubt cant only be limited to them unless you think a very large % of the world are EXTREME right wingers.

have you ever looked at the estimates for how much co2 is emitted from human activity vs natural activity? human activity only makes up a tiny amount compared to natural activity. plus you have that thing called the sun and the vastness of earth's atomosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 01:40 PM

just noticed i posted the wrong link:

Energy Update - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 11-01-2011, 01:50 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
just noticed i posted the wrong link:

Energy Update - Rasmussen Reports™

I was gonna say. I had no idea that chasing a kidnapper would be so deleterious to the atmosphere. I almost resolved never to do that, but now i see it's ok again, good.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I was gonna say. I had no idea that chasing a kidnapper would be so deleterious to the atmosphere. I almost resolved never to do that, but now i see it's ok again, good.
you know how much damage the guy did to the environment when chasing the kidnapper? inconsiderate jerk.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you are saying polls are subjective? thats fine, i just found a recent poll that says 36% of americans believe global warming is caused by human activity. Neighbor chases Kidnapper, saves girl | Albuquerque, N.M. | KRQE News 13 but your original claim was subjective (your claim that most people in the world believe in manmade global warming and its only the EXTREME right that thinks otherwise) so i figure at least polls are above your claim which seemed to be pulled from your own thoughts. how many people in this world do you think make up the EXTREME right? it seems that the doubt cant only be limited to them unless you think a very large % of the world are EXTREME right wingers.

have you ever looked at the estimates for how much co2 is emitted from human activity vs natural activity? human activity only makes up a tiny amount compared to natural activity. plus you have that thing called the sun and the vastness of earth's atomosphere.
Captaini know you will post something else contrary to this post, and I know your view is different than mine but when i said extreme right i meant the tea party gang. Heres one of many articles.

Tea Party Ignorant on Global Warming; Poll Reveals the Obvious

September 10, 2011 07:30 AM EDT
5 people recommend this| comments: 65

Tea Party supporters are among some of the more uninformed of Americans and a recent poll has revealed that much regarding acceptance of globalwarming. Although it's obvious that TP mentalities don't openly grasp the concept, the poll did reveal some other interesting fun-facts.

Sources break down the results of the global warming poll that indicates the Tea Party is alone in denying the existence of global warming. In fact, the poll shows that even mainstream Republicans and moderate to Right-leaning Democrats accept global warming as a fact. So, in other words, the Tea Party is alone in denying the existence of global warming.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM

the earth hasnt warmed in the past 13 years inspite of accelerating increase of human based co2 emissions, this is coming from another person involved with the recent study touted by people as proof of "global warming."

GLOBAL WARMING IS OVER, SAYS EXPERT
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: Global warming is over, says expert-

Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 AM

332 posts, read 528,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Newark has stole 6 NYC companies recently.....this is getting interesting. Hopefully they build Condos and apartments on the sites of all these abandoned warehouses... Jersey City needs to step up its gain too....they have lost some business to CT and NYC...
Neither Newark or Jersey City deserves any credit being what they stand for. If they're gonna bring in these big buildings, they should kick out some of these thugs, gangs, and people who just give them a bad image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey