Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM

3 posts, read 3,867 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to Union City from Connecticut for an opportunity in NYC. Now, the initial opportunity puts me in a position where I must commute to Whippany for a daily commute.

My question to you all is what will my commute time be like in the morning if I leave my residence at 7:00am? How will the return commute be as well? What routes would you recommend I take to minimize my early commute stress?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 01:03 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutNative84 View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently moved to Union City from Connecticut for an opportunity in NYC. Now, the initial opportunity puts me in a position where I must commute to Whippany for a daily commute.

My question to you all is what will my commute time be like in the morning if I leave my residence at 7:00am? How will the return commute be as well? What routes would you recommend I take to minimize my early commute stress?

Thanks in advance.
use train morristown line to morristown then use NJT 872 OR use NJT 126 to NY then use CUSA 77 directly.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,867 times
Thanks for the response and I assume that is for public transportation. I should have explained more clearly and state I will be driving for my commute.

Thanks!

Old 10-28-2011, 03:14 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutNative84 View Post
Thanks for the response and I assume that is for public transportation. I should have explained more clearly and state I will be driving for my commute.

Thanks!
yeah it is for transit the catch is that the bus has an advantage during rush hour due to HOV access and the fact that the CUSA 77 is an express bus also. The drive however you use I-280 to ridgedale ave. However the bus 77 drives faster than cars many times so its your choice

Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
use train morristown line to morristown then use NJT 872 OR use NJT 126 to NY then use CUSA 77 directly.
Just a couple of points:
He'd have to take the 22 to reach Hoboken.

He'd be better off getting off at Morris Plains for the 872, rather than Morristown.

A transit commute wouldn't be terrible, but it would still probably be easier by car. Now if he worked right in Morristown (or anywhere along the train line), it would be a different story. The 872 runs very infrequently.

I mean, he could take the 77, but he'd be traveling reverse-peak, which means the bus-only lane wouldn't help as much (do they even have a bus-only lane reverse-peak?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey