Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 AM

14 posts, read 82,133 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried parking in the large parking lot for BJ's/ShopRite on a regular basis?

It's about a 15 minute walk from the Grove St. PATH Station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,925,320 times
Be aware. There is a towing company monitoring the lot all the time. One time I just tried to step out the lot and get some food from the mall, I got the warning that they will tow my car away. I told him that I did shop in the plaza (Bed Bath and Beyond & ShopRite). I just need to get some food for my son from the mall after shopping. The guy told me, it does not matter if I shop there or not. If I leave the parking lot, they can tow the car right away. Since I was with child, they just gave me a warning this time. Ever since, I don't shop there anymore.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restore View Post
Has anyone tried parking in the large parking lot for BJ's/ShopRite on a regular basis?

It's about a 15 minute walk from the Grove St. PATH Station.
Why do you need to park and ride at the PATH station , why not Journal SQ or Harrison?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Why do you need to park and ride at the PATH station , why not Journal SQ or Harrison?

Isn't it obvious?
The OP doesn't want to have to pay for parking.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
Be aware. There is a towing company monitoring the lot all the time. One time I just tried to step out the lot and get some food from the mall, I got the warning that they will tow my car away. I told him that I did shop in the plaza (Bed Bath and Beyond & ShopRite). I just need to get some food for my son from the mall after shopping. The guy told me, it does not matter if I shop there or not. If I leave the parking lot, they can tow the car right away. Since I was with child, they just gave me a warning this time. Ever since, I don't shop there anymore.
After reading this, I literally ran from my office to the lot to move my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Isn't it obvious?
The OP doesn't want to have to pay for parking.
This. My office is by the Grove St. station, and paying upwards of $200/month for parking alone is ridiculous.

Nothing like living in the NJ/NYC area to feel "nickel n' dime'd."

Anyone got alternative options?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by restore View Post
After reading this, I literally ran from my office to the lot to move my car.

This. My office is by the Grove St. station, and paying upwards of $200/month for parking alone is ridiculous.

Nothing like living in the NJ/NYC area to feel "nickel n' dime'd."

Anyone got alternative options?
Well where do you live? There is an Extension Transportation network in this region...

Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
bay

Try to avoid driving to that area and then taking the public transportation. You can park at JSQ or Harrison, then take the PATH. Or park at Liberty State Park Park and Ride, then take the light rail to Exchange place or Harborside, then walk over to Grove Street.
I park in Newark for 100 per month. My coworker said that they saw $5 a day parking in JSQ.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well where do you live? There is an Extension Transportation network in this region...
Leonia by Fort lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
Try to avoid driving to that area and then taking the public transportation. You can park at JSQ or Harrison, then take the PATH. Or park at Liberty State Park Park and Ride, then take the light rail to Exchange place or Harborside, then walk over to Grove Street.
I park in Newark for 100 per month. My coworker said that they saw $5 a day parking in JSQ.
I'm actually considering parking at the Harrison PATH station. I looked at the Liberty State Park parking/ride and heard that the cost for the parking does not include the Light Rail anymore (it used to be $5 for both or something).

Which lot do you pay at in Newark?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:56 AM

You can drive to the Tonnelle Ave Park and Ride and use the LRT to go to Marin Boulevard or Jersey Avenue which are near grove street in Historic Downtown.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 AM
bay

I park in the lot right across prudential center. 5 minutes walk to Penn Station. The lot next to mine is $85 per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey