U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 PM

195 posts, read 331,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nikita. View Post
I am going to a hockey game tonight at the Prudential Center, coming from the City. I will be going down to the Newark Path station and from Google maps see it's about a 3 blocks (roughly half a mile) from the Prudential Center. Though this is a really short walk, I was wondering if it's safe for a mid 20s female to be walking this around 6 PM or if I'd be better off taking a cab.

Thanks!
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT! PRU CENTERS HAS HAD CLOSE TO 7 MIL. ATTEND WITHOUT ANY VIOLENT CRIME REPORTED NOT ONE. STOP WATCHING NYC NEWS CAST. DOWNTOWN NEWARK IS SAFE IT IS A FACT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkboy View Post
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT! PRU CENTERS HAS HAD CLOSE TO 7 MIL. ATTEND WITHOUT ANY VIOLENT CRIME REPORTED NOT ONE. STOP WATCHING NYC NEWS CAST. DOWNTOWN NEWARK IS SAFE IT IS A FACT!
Kidding about what? That it's a 3-block walk, or that she's 20? Why would she kid about something like that?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,243,788 times
Quote:
I am going to a hockey game tonight at the Prudential Center, coming from the City. I will be going down to the Newark Path station and from Google maps see it's about a 3 blocks (roughly half a mile) from the Prudential Center. Though this is a really short walk, I was wondering if it's safe for a mid 20s female to be walking this around 6 PM or if I'd be better off taking a cab.

Thanks!
6pm is rush hour, just don't get hit. 6 is better than 9pm or midnight when fewer cars are around and its better to carry a backpack than a purse, I told my g/f this who lives right around the stadium.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:32 PM

3 posts, read 4,434 times
I guess it;s a bit late for me to tell you now. But for future reference. It is not a good area Newark altogether to walk at night. However, I don;t think it should be too bad considering there are tons of people going into the stadium and coming back out at the same time basically just my personal thought.
A cab ride would be the way to come back to the train station thought. Should not cost you almost anything. Hope this helps for the future

Old 11-03-2011, 05:17 AM

696 posts, read 1,203,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuw26 View Post
I guess it;s a bit late for me to tell you now. But for future reference. It is not a good area Newark altogether to walk at night. However, I don;t think it should be too bad considering there are tons of people going into the stadium and coming back out at the same time basically just my personal thought.
A cab ride would be the way to come back to the train station thought. Should not cost you almost anything. Hope this helps for the future
Another ignorant post from someone who hasn't been there. Unless she's handicapped why would she need to take a $5 + cab ride to go 2 blocks away? Especially when there are cops there and an indoor skywalk going to Penn Station?

Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 AM

509 posts, read 1,574,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkboy View Post
Haha, nothing to do with what I saw on any news channel. I think it's a fair question being new to the area and wanting to know whether walking somewhere I've never been is safe considering how early it's been getting dark. My daily commute has been confined to Hoboken to UES and I haven't ventured into the Newark area all that much yet.

That being said, I survived and it really is an easy walk considering 90% of it is indoor through the Gateway Center, and then it's just a matter of crossing a street really.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 PM

2,646 posts, read 4,995,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuw26 View Post
just my personal thought.
Shut it.............................. People come & go from The Rock without incident on a regular basis. "Just your personal (bias) thought" is correct.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 AM

267 posts, read 816,492 times
Quote:
Great! Thanks guys. At least I know I'm not lost if I'm going the same direction as the Devils fans.

I felt super ignorant asking the question, but being new to the area, you never know!
Good thing you are from elsewhere....if you were a Rangers fan, I'd tell you how awful and dangerous the walk was!

What did you think of the experience? Enjoy the game?

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM

8,959 posts, read 3,114,068 times
No issues with that walk, as others have said. Don't wander off from the immediate area, however.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:59 PM

376 posts, read 518,326 times
you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or