U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 AM

87 posts, read 195,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, that's way off. It's about 25 minutes from Newark Penn to PATH. I take PATH from Newark Penn to Exchange Place, the last stop before the WTC, and it's around 20 minutes, and the WTC is three or four minutes further.

Check the PATH schedule--that claims it's 22 minutes. Might be a couple minutes off, but it's definitely not a 45-minute trip!

Schedules - PATH - The Port Authority of NY & NJ
I don't care what the schedule says; I regularly take the PATH from Newark Penn to the WTC for an office of my company near City Hall, and it takes 35-45 minutes from the moment I walk through the PATH turnstiles to the moment I reach the street. Most recently, I left my office in Newark at 11:20, walked to Penn, reached Penn at 11:40, crossed through the turnstile at 11:45, reached the street outside the WTC PATH station at 12:30 on the dot, which was the time I was supposed to be at the NY office (and would have been, if the PATH had only taken the 22 minutes it claims to). I reached the NY office at 12:45.

The trip itself may only have taken 30-35 minutes, but as I said, the 45 minutes includes the time you have to wait for another train if you've missed one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 PM

51,300 posts, read 50,558,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyMarigold View Post
I don't care what the schedule says; I regularly take the PATH from Newark Penn to the WTC for an office of my company near City Hall, and it takes 35-45 minutes from the moment I walk through the PATH turnstiles to the moment I reach the street. Most recently, I left my office in Newark at 11:20, walked to Penn, reached Penn at 11:40, crossed through the turnstile at 11:45, reached the street outside the WTC PATH station at 12:30 on the dot, which was the time I was supposed to be at the NY office (and would have been, if the PATH had only taken the 22 minutes it claims to). I reached the NY office at 12:45.

The trip itself may only have taken 30-35 minutes, but as I said, the 45 minutes includes the time you have to wait for another train if you've missed one.
LOL, well I can't argue with that, but I take PATH from Newark to Exchange Place every morning and evening, and the trip is just under 20 minutes. The difference is that you are not traveling during rush hour, so naturally there's a longer time between trains.

This morning I got off my NJ Transit train at 7:30, walked through the PATH turnstile, got on the PATH train that was there, which closed it doors at 7:31, and sailed off to Exchange Place and got off the PATH at ten to 8. WTC is 3 and 1/2 to 4 minutes past that.

The schedule says there's a train at Newark at 11:45, so you apparently just missed it. Also, there are probably construction delays on non-peak hours because they are building a new PATH station around an active line.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-09-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or