U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:43 PM

11 posts, read 3,791 times

Advertisements

any guidance as to how to proceed ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 08:39 PM

51,252 posts, read 50,539,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyWally View Post
any guidance as to how to proceed ?
Make sure you do everything you are supposed to do to protest a bill, and then get hold of whatever newspaper closest to you has one of those "on your side" type of columns. a $2000/300k-gallon water bill will make a good story, and the story will get you the attention you need from AMC.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:41 AM

Thanks much. I did everything I am supposed to do with the Water Company and BPU. I will contact a local newspaper next.Thanks!

Old 02-07-2018, 10:08 AM

51,252 posts, read 50,539,435 times
Quote:
Thanks much. I did everything I am supposed to do with the Water Company and BPU. I will contact a local newspaper next.Thanks!
That's good. I'm surprised at the BPU. They should have stepped up. Good luck, and let us know what happens if you can.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:31 PM

Well, an attorney is not interested whatsoever in this nor is any local newspaper or social media patch outlet. Seems I will have to end up paying the American Water Company $2000.00 for water I never used. The BPU is a completely useless board of human beings as they have helped ZERO in my case. This is such a frustration. TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS for nothing!

thanks for all you input and suggestions but seems i'm dead in the water here.

My regards to the following companies,
American Water Company, You SUCK!
Board of Public Utilities, You SUCK!

Old 02-18-2018, 07:46 PM

22,681 posts, read 28,576,098 times
Quote:
Well, an attorney is not interested whatsoever in this nor is any local newspaper or social media patch outlet. Seems I will have to end up paying the American Water Company $2000.00 for water I never used. The BPU is a completely useless board of human beings as they have helped ZERO in my case. This is such a frustration. TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS for nothing!

thanks for all you input and suggestions but seems i'm dead in the water here.

My regards to the following companies,
American Water Company, You SUCK!
Board of Public Utilities, You SUCK!
you could sue them in small claims court.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,382,710 times
Quote:
Have any of you ever heard of such a reading on a water meter? I mean 300,000 gallons!
that happened to me with one of my electric bills. one month it jumped around 300% for no reason.

I called the electric company and it was found that the meter reader made an error with the numbers. they made the adjustment and I did not have to pay the large bill.

is your water meter read manually or is it scanned?

Old 02-19-2018, 08:27 PM

No it is scanned with an RF reader during a drive by by the American Water Company

Old 02-25-2018, 08:32 AM

I think I may just have to reroute the meter to a hardly used sink - like the slop sink - LOL
Then my bill will be flagged for being too low water usage. But that may just be how I get even here. I'll plan to do it during peak summer irrigation months. I will add my own flow meter so I can monitor my usage, and when the water reading meets the crazy costs I laid out for this crazy bill, I'll put the meter back where it belongs. Two can play at that game! I mean, they get readings via RF driveby's. So the water guys are too damn fat & lazy to get out of their trucks to actually pull the ground plate off, get on their knees, and try to physically read the meter. By the time they get to opening the plate, I'll easily have had 3 months of usage. And if it doesn't meet the amount I want, I'll do it again next year, and the year after-till I get my freakin return!

Thoughts?

Old 09-26-2018, 03:26 PM

59 posts, read 121,741 times
Hello JollyWally,
Did you try complaining with the Attorney General of NJ?
The procedure is pretty simple. Go to the website, fill out the form with details.
As soon as you do that, they send in an official inquiry to the concerned company (AMC in this case) and ask for details.
In most cases, the company will review everything and ensure they provide factual information because it would otherwise be considered kind of "lying under oath" may be?? In my case, all I did was fill an application online and in few days, received favorable resolution from the company I had complained about.
Please give it a try even if you have already paid them.
https://nj.gov/oag/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey