Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnjbuyer View Post
Ridiculous? you say Ridiculous.......wait till you hear this.......

Update on their website....

* Pricing for Phase Two will start from the $480s

Now thats what I call ridiculous.....means units in phase 1 priced at $400k will now be priced at $480k...thats 20%.........during a slowdown......

This just made my decision easier.

Comments?
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Are they really serious? That is just one crazy idea. I can not wait to laugh when they can not sell them all and then either:

a) they have to hold an auction to get rid of them
b) the bank takes over
c) heavy discounts occur

I will be watching extensively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM

50 posts, read 198,046 times
Default I will too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Are they really serious? That is just one crazy idea. I can not wait to laugh when they can not sell them all and then either:

a) they have to hold an auction to get rid of them
b) the bank takes over
c) heavy discounts occur

I will be watching extensively.
My wife liked one of their models a lot and I was even willing to fork out a few extra grand. But if the prices start at $480k, I am not going to pay that much for a good home in an average section of edison. I'd rather buy a single family in central jersey or a townhome in Berkeley Heights, etc.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
My wife liked one of their models a lot and I was even willing to fork out a few extra grand. But if the prices start at $480k, I am not going to pay that much for a good home in an average section of edison. I'd rather buy a single family in central jersey or a townhome in Berkeley Heights, etc.
Exactly. For $500K, you can be in many other great areas of Central NJ.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 PM

45 posts, read 152,795 times
as i said its not even the north edison school system ....I Guess some Lennar believes that some people are willing to pay this ...

Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM

5 posts, read 24,716 times
Quote:

I also liked it a lot. The location is very good. But the price is really high in this market. Only few left in Phase II condos. Very surprised!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 AM

So I just got an email from lennnar : Phase 2 released
mes will be priced as follows:

Affinity II: $479,950 - New and improved floorplan!
Marquee: $489,950
Classique: $499,950

lol I can't believe these prices ..... just in October the smallest was at 380k and largest wast at 440k

Old 03-16-2008, 04:06 PM

240 posts, read 947,711 times
Default The same thing happened in South Brunswick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy Mongo View Post
I was born and raised in Edison NJ, l was there from 1981-2003 and trust me when I tell you it gets worse every year. It used to be the perfect little secret that not to many people knew about, nice schools and parks and shopping centers, not alot of traffic and then BAM! enter the mid to late 90's and Edison has this HUGE Asian/Indian influx. Im not a racist Indians have every right as anybody else and some of them are very nice polite people but the Indian people have added to so much growth to what was once a very small quiet town.

The bordering town of Iselin which was similar to Mayberry of the old Andry Griffth show gets completley bought up and taken over buy Indians. By 2000 -2002 and last time I spoke to someone there which was a few days ago the Indian clothing stores, food shops, video stores etc etc etc etc extend miles thru Iselin and North Edison. All of that plus the commuters who kept finding out about our nice little town have added thousands upon thousands of new people to a tiny town. Its not good and its not a healthy way to live. The traffic is brutal, the people are rude, the rent is high , and homeowners? lol sky high taxes and fees.

The area your speaking about is South Edison where I lived the last 2 years I wasin Jersey. South Edison is considered the "poorer" side of town and most of the crime that happens in edison happens there because its so close to New Brunswick. That whole area of central jersey Edison , Metuchen, Pistactaway, Woodbridge, is so crowded and uncomfortable live that it amazes me why anyone wants to move in there. Trust me it will bring the worst out of you when your job sucks, your stuck in traffic with rude people, and your bills are sky high.

If you can afford to be a home owner in New Jersey look around more , Monroe is not a bad choice.

That is exactly what happened in South Brunswick.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:00 PM

10 posts, read 54,502 times
Edison is a nice town except very over crowded. I think its one of the safest towns (but changing to worst quickly). I was there for about 20 years. Best thing about Edison is the Indian population, that was awesome! If you live there its like you are in India. I'm getting teary eyed now, Damn I miss India.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM

Well everyone outta curiosity i called them in this release one of the building sold out already and not the price went up by 5k and each new release prices will go up 5k per the lady at lennar ..SO people are buying them I am amazed is Edison NJ not affected by the housing slump ?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah07080 View Post
Well everyone outta curiosity i called them in this release one of the building sold out already and not the price went up by 5k and each new release prices will go up 5k per the lady at lennar ..SO people are buying them I am amazed is Edison NJ not affected by the housing slump ?
It will be. Mark my words. People are either going to see that they are overpriced or there will be a lot of defaulting. I am surprised that they are getting assessed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey