U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
ENJ ENJ started this thread

25 posts, read 42,393 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My family and I which include my two daughters one in middle school and in high school, currently live in Garfield NJ and due to looking forward to being somewhat closer to the NYC are interested in living but still being close to suburbs and the town feeling I am interestd in moving to Rutherford/East Rutherford or in an area nearby. I am rea

I would like to know the

My family and I currently live in Garfield NJ and we are interested in living somewhat closer proximity to the city or location with better transportation due to working in Manhattan. My family include two daughters of mine who currently go to middle school and high school.
We are looking at a place that has the town feeling, and is closer to the city than Garfield and also have good schools, good area, safety, transportation to city, and not too expensive either.

After looking at some projections of rent and proximity to NYC I was thinking of Rutherford/East Rutherford but I do appreciate other suggested areas. The reason I do like Rutherford is because I like their town feeling and their downtown area.

I would like to know the following in regards to the areas including my choice above:

1. What is the difference between Rutherford/East Rutherford?
2. How are schools in Rutherford (and suggested areas)?
3. transportation information to NYC, etc.
4. rent and housing information in regards to a two-three bedroom.
5. stores, shopping, etc.

I hope to gather down all the information I can and make the best decision possible. We are currently renting and we would like to make a final move to then hopefully purchase a home in that location so home costs are also a concern in the future.

Thank you very much for the help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 8,487 times
I also would like to know more information on Rutherford I searched the forums and don't see anything of information on Rutherford.
Thank you.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:45 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,524,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENJ View Post
Hello,

I would like to know the following in regards to the areas including my choice above:

1. What is the difference between Rutherford/East Rutherford?
2. How are schools in Rutherford (and suggested areas)?
3. transportation information to NYC, etc.
4. rent and housing information in regards to a two-three bedroom.
5. stores, shopping, etc.

Thank you very much for the help.
R and ER share the same train station and are adjacent to each other. ER does have lower RE taxes but I believe R schools are better. You can check greatschools.org for more info.

Here's a link to a post that you may find helpful.
Rutherford or Lyndhurst?

I live in R and one of the reasons is there is a downtown with many good restaurants, the school system is good and the convenience to the city is hard to beat.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM

4 posts, read 13,375 times
Default Hello Kimchee

I am indian native orginal from new delhi . I am looking to rutherford. I have kids who is 6 yr old . currently we live in Edison. I wanted to move out because of commute.

Please Advice.
Is thier a good Indian population in rutherford?
How do like the school ?
Is thier any magnet school in rutherford?

Please advice
Deepti
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or