U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 PM

17 posts, read 49,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Maplewood/SO has always had it's share of crime. I think now with the market plummeting and too many people buying when the market was high put some homeowners in a bad position. However, thugs moving in? Uh....no

Uh.... Yeah

Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 PM

12,381 posts, read 22,620,647 times
uh no.....

Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
uh no.....
Really? Do you live in SO? Just yesterday my friend's car was broken into. I've seen a youth get assaulted in the street by three others. I see Graffiti popping up everywhere. I have heard of people getting robbed. Sooooo.... I don't know what planet you live on, but on planet earth....... only thugs do these things.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM

12,381 posts, read 22,620,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyResident View Post
Really? Do you live in SO? Just yesterday my friend's car was broken into. I've seen a youth get assaulted in the street by three others. I see Graffiti popping up everywhere. I have heard of people getting robbed. Sooooo.... I don't know what planet you live on, but on planet earth....... only thugs do these things.
No , but cars being broken into and Graffiti is a suburban thing , often committed by the teens of those towns. You heard? Have you witnessed it....no you have not...so its rumors. The Thugs in Newark stay near the EO / O borders and mainly deal drugs and do small crimes...but they rarely rob someone walking down the street or robberies... Youth being assaulted in the street happens everywhere.... Its called bullying , if you had children you would know this....

Old 11-22-2011, 04:16 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,216,879 times
Quote:
Yeah, and kids can do them too. I've dealt w/ youths engaging in the same exact activity in Roselle Park (not Roselle), Old Bridge, Livingston-pfft I can't even name all the towns.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
No , but cars being broken into and Graffiti is a suburban thing , often committed by the teens of those towns. You heard? Have you witnessed it....no you have not...so its rumors. The Thugs in Newark stay near the EO / O borders and mainly deal drugs and do small crimes...but they rarely rob someone walking down the street or robberies... Youth being assaulted in the street happens everywhere.... Its called bullying , if you had children you would know this....

No, It's not just rumors. I know people that got robbed for things like rings and necklaces. They rob people walking down the street all the time. Ever hear of "Chain Snatching"? A youth got shot in an attempted robbery not to long ago. A guy ran up to him with a gun and demanded his belongings and the youth tried to run away. The thugs also hang out near the south orange border. South Orange ave is a major drug spot. Do you even live in NJ? You are completely blind to everything going on in these towns. I know what I'm talking about. I grew up in Newark's west side neighborhood. I know what these kids are doing. They commit small crimes? Since when is selling drugs and shooting people small? Bullying, huh? Beating a kid senseless and stomping him while he lays on the ground till the cops come is just bullying?

Old 11-22-2011, 06:21 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,216,879 times
Quote:
No, It's not just rumors. I know people that got robbed for things like rings and necklaces. They rob people walking down the street all the time. Ever hear of "Chain Snatching"? A youth got shot in an attempted robbery not to long ago. A guy ran up to him with a gun and demanded his belongings and the youth tried to run away. The thugs also hang out near the south orange border. South Orange ave is a major drug spot. Do you even live in NJ? You are completely blind to everything going on in these towns. I know what I'm talking about. I grew up in Newark's west side neighborhood. I know what these kids are doing. They commit small crimes? Since when is selling drugs and shooting people small? Bullying, huh? Beating a kid senseless and stomping him while he lays on the ground till the cops come is just bullying?
South Orange ave. is a major drug spot but is only really 'hot' on the Newark side. SOPD does a decent job keeping a lid on it (I have family on Fairview).

Yes, trust and believe, the worst forms of bullying occur in. Remember that pack of youths that killed the Old Bridge resident not long ago by beating him to death?

While I wouldn't call today's youth typical thugs, they're definitely not the same kind of innocents when we were growing up (and we weren't saints either).

Old 11-22-2011, 06:54 PM

9,313 posts, read 13,839,731 times
Quote:
No , but cars being broken into and Graffiti is a suburban thing , often committed by the teens of those towns.
Graffiti and car break-ins may be local (or not), but burglaries and car thefts mostly aren't. That's why the cars usually turn up (stripped) in Irvington and Newark.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 PM

390 posts, read 1,118,146 times
So I actually looked up the statistics on this website called City Data (none of you have probably ever heard of it) and it turns out crime in South Orange has gone DOWN in the last ten years, not up. Sorry to ruin the discussion with facts, I'll be on my way now!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labcjo View Post
So I actually looked up the statistics on this website called City Data (none of you have probably ever heard of it) and it turns out crime in South Orange has gone DOWN in the last ten years, not up. Sorry to ruin the discussion with facts, I'll be on my way now!
You didn't ruin the discussion. Crime has been getting worse this year because of the police layoffs in Newark, EO, and Irvington. A lot of those inner city kids have been coming to small towns running around committing crimes. You have to wait till 2011 is over to get the official stats. So the discussion is back on until then and didn't you notice 2010's crime rate was higher then 2006,2007,2008, and 2009. If you are going to bring up stats.... read them right. It's funny.... You came on here trying to act smart but you showed yourself to be the complete opposite.

Last edited by NewJerseyResident; 11-22-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or