U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 PM

157 posts, read 280,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael212 View Post
I'm a black man saying this myself. In general, blacks in dangerous cities tend to be the ones who make those cities the way they are. It's a sad but honest truth.
As a black man I have to agree with you. How does this look? Your son is involved in some gang related activity, he's clearly to blame for something he's done, shot and killed by the cops, and now you're crying about how the cops took your baby away from you and that he was such a good person, and now the ACLU is involved when this guy deserved what he got.

Some people don't like Al Sharpton, but even he said that the black community needs to stop making excuses for it's bad elements and not allow these people to do what they do. Yes, there are cops who can stand to use a few diversity lessons, I firmly believe though that in any bad situation that you are involved in, you have to look at yourself and ask what did I do that contributed to this problem. That's what the black community needs to be doing right now.

If you look in these cities and what you have a whole culture of "I don't give a ****," but yet the same people want to complain about the conditions they live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,020,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina78 View Post

If you look in these cities and what you have a whole culture of "I don't give a ****," but yet the same people want to complain about the conditions they live in.
See also: Wall Street, Occupy.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:12 PM

76 posts, read 69,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That guy got assaulted at Mercer County College a few months ago, I believe.......unless it's another Nazi from Hamilton.
Oh wow...I did notice I haven't seen him in several months... guess it's the same guy

Old 11-19-2011, 05:50 AM

332 posts, read 446,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusexmachina78 View Post
as a black man i have to agree with you. How does this look? Your son is involved in some gang related activity, he's clearly to blame for something he's done, shot and killed by the cops, and now you're crying about how the cops took your baby away from you and that he was such a good person, and now the aclu is involved when this guy deserved what he got.

Some people don't like al sharpton, but even he said that the black community needs to stop making excuses for it's bad elements and not allow these people to do what they do. Yes, there are cops who can stand to use a few diversity lessons, i firmly believe though that in any bad situation that you are involved in, you have to look at yourself and ask what did i do that contributed to this problem. That's what the black community needs to be doing right now.

If you look in these cities and what you have a whole culture of "i don't give a ****," but yet the same people want to complain about the conditions they live in.
+100 Great post!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:30 AM

15,762 posts, read 13,187,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
You haven't seen my office, then.

The confederate battle flag isn't a symbol of racism. It's the battle flag of an army supporting a government which was pro-slavery... but you could say the same about the Stars and Stripes.
And the swastika just means good luck in Hindu religions.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM

2,097 posts, read 5,499,222 times
Does she spend this much time on her education?

Old 11-19-2011, 02:28 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,701,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
You haven't seen my office, then.

The confederate battle flag isn't a symbol of racism. It's the battle flag of an army supporting a government which was pro-slavery... but you could say the same about the Stars and Stripes.

And the school picking on the "I love boobies" bracelet is pretty much exactly the sort of thing I'd expect small-minded authoritarians to do.
No? Ever been in the deep south? It's not flown because the locals are Civil War historians.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 PM

12,937 posts, read 24,071,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i think schools should have uniforms, or a strict dress code at least that limits graphics on clothing anyways. this crap distracts from the learning environment, and if you're going to work virtually anywhere after high school, you're going to need to follow a dress code anyways.

also, it's easier in the morning when all you have to decide is which pants you're wearing - khaki, or navy. etc.
Wowza..you & I are usually at different poles on issues but I totally agree with you.
I went to Catholic school so wore a uniform but I must say back when I was in school even though public schools didn't wear uniforms they had a dress code.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina78 View Post
As a black man I have to agree with you. How does this look? Your son is involved in some gang related activity, he's clearly to blame for something he's done, shot and killed by the cops, and now you're crying about how the cops took your baby away from you and that he was such a good person, and now the ACLU is involved when this guy deserved what he got.
If he's shot and killed by the cops during the commission of a crime or when he's in the process of being arrested for a crime, you have some reason to think - some reason to think - that he may be at fault. In most cases, though, there is a much greater chance of an unarmed black man being shot and killed by police simply because of what they look like (see Bell, Sean; Grant, Oscar; Diallo, Amadou, etc.) Bottom line is, there is no reason for cops to kill unarmed, uncharged people, yet it still happens. Nobody deserves to be shot by cops unless they're trying to kill the cops themselves. We do have something called "due process" in this country. Don't we?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 AM

5,370 posts, read 10,137,208 times
Nobody deserves to be shot by cops unless they're trying to kill the cops themselves. We do have something called "due process" in this country. Don't we?
OK so the cops go into the 7-11 holdup and the bad guy has a gun and just killed 3 people and is pointing it at one of your family members or a close friends head and is threatening to kill them. Lets see Lucario doesn't want the police to shoot the bad guy because in your view they shouldn't kill or shoot the bad guy if he is black and not shooting at the cops. Got it. What a warped society we live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey