U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:45 PM

838 posts, read 1,730,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njresidential View Post
I am looking for a safe place to rent that is about 30 minute commute max to Trenton.

I was considering West Windsor, but are there any places that are safe, but a little more affordable? I have heard that Lawrenceville and Ewing and Hamilton are not 100% safe.

Lawrenceville, Ewing and Hamilton are all safe, just stay away from the parts that border Trenton.

As Jersey J pointed out check out Plainsboro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:06 PM

7 posts, read 30,396 times
Sounds good. Great ideas here.

What do you all think about going further south of Trenton? Florence, Roebling, etc.?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 AM

838 posts, read 1,730,804 times
Burlington County with the exception of Morrestown does not compare to areas further north, sorry.

As a rule of thumb draw a circle around Princeton and look at the adjacent towns in each direction.

North - Montgomery/South Brunswick
South - West Windsor
East - Plainsboro/Cranbury
West - Pennington/Hopewell

These are the best places to live

Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subban View Post
Well, my cousin used to live there and he said his post office and his mail was lawrenceville.
You're talking about a different place. Avalon Watch is right down Clarksville Road from the West Windsor municipal complex and the Princeton Junction post office.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njresidential View Post
I am looking for a safe place to rent that is about 30 minute commute max to Trenton.

I was considering West Windsor, but are there any places that are safe, but a little more affordable? I have heard that Lawrenceville and Ewing and Hamilton are not 100% safe.

West Windsor is 100% safe, though pricier than Lawrenceville, Ewing and Hamilton. The safest parts of the latter three are north of I-95. The further away from Trenton, the safer you are.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,355,604 times
Let's be honest. No place is guaranteed to be 100% safe. With that being said, I have lived in Ewing and Lawrenceville. Depending on where you are in those towns it is very safe. I lived in Stewart's Crossing in Lawrenceville. There was nothing "unsafe" about it.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,055 times
Thumbs down Do not rent in Avalon, Princeton Junction

I found the entire Avalon Princeton Junction community to be one large scam on how they can just get more and more money out of the tenants, especially upon departure. They claimed I never gave them my 60 day written notice (on a 90 day lease, by the way) and assessed me an extra $1000 in rent upon leaving. I left the notice on the desk in the rental office when no one was there and they misplaced it. Their word against mine. However, they all knew I was not renewing anyway since I actually had a very friendly relationship with the office staff. That obviously got me no where. I am a professional person who has never experienced such a scam type of mentality ever in a community. Needed a shortterm rental for awhile so decided to rent there. I wound up having first a 6 month lease and then a 3 month lease. They will also try to nickle and dime you with the inspection walkthrough at departure and charge you for items that only the maintenance person sees. I protested the additional charges and they would not give in. I'm not sure what the other rental communities are like around the Princeton area, but I have a job where I am always recommending housing for people. I will make it my business to let everyone I can know about how this community treats decent individuals. We are not talking a few $$, we're talking literally $1000 extra dollars for giving them only 45 days notice, instead of the requested 60 days. They start charging a prorated amount per day. I would think that most tenants would never see their security deposit monies back ever and actually wind up paying more. Simply an awful way to do business, especially in such an upscale community like Princeton. I told them I would make this experience Public, and this is only the beginning. Just simply wrong!!!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 AM

285 posts, read 444,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
Lawrenceville, Ewing and Hamilton are all safe, just stay away from the parts that border Trenton.

As Jersey J pointed out check out Plainsboro.
Plainsboro is good, but it is more then 30 min from Trenton, especially, in peak traffic times where Rt 1 gets backed up near Nassau Park Blvd area.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:55 PM

18 posts, read 69,566 times
Don't recommend any Avalon anywhere. Hate them. Check yelp "fitlered reviews",

http://www.yelp.com/filtered_reviews...0KTFr1OHpCn6IQ

"I found the entire Avalon Princeton Junction community to be one large scam on how they can just get more and more money out of the tenants, especially upon departure. They claimed I never gave them my 60 day written notice (on a 90 day lease, by the way) and assessed me an extra $1000 in rent upon leaving. I left the notice on the desk in the rental office when no one was there and they misplaced it. Their word against mine. However, they all knew I was not renewing anyway since I actually had a very friendly relationship with the office staff. That obviously got me no where. "

"These peolple are crooks!!
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING
My husband and I looked at an apartment here late on a Sunday and were leaving to go back to MA. We filled out paperwork and were told the apartment WOULD NOT be held unless we called by 8 pm that night. We changed our minds and did not call. They are now after us for $240.
Be positive you want an apartment here before filling anything out!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or