U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 10:32 PM

271 posts, read 331,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyResident View Post
Really? Gangs aren't downtown? Tell that to the people that were shot downtown in broad daylight? Tell that to the youth that was stabbed in the hand in that area. Tell that to the man that was stabbed to death. Tell that to the cop that was shot there. YOU are misinformed. I go there all the time. There was a shooting on River St, that's right next to the park. Drug deals happens there all the time. Those people are foolish for being there.
your picking incidents of crime in the 3rd oldest city in america and your picking threw history... its dead... i was just there and i have to walk from springfield ave and bergen (applebees) to get on the subway. .. how can you tell residents where the crime is ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 10:35 PM

271 posts, read 331,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Lol, there's NO WAY you go there 'all the time'. No offense, but it's hard to believe you do. Not liking Newark is fine (you won't be the first, and definitely won't be the last), but don't paint yourself as a Newark 'regular' b/c it's so easy to tell you're not.

I mean...Military Park of all places in Newark to question? C'mon. If it were Vailsburg park my tune would be different.

With all that said I think the protesters are foolish b/c what will they accomplish in Newark that they already haven't in NY?
honestly... i know where vailsburg is... but until you mentioned it, vailsburg park ? didnt even know it existed lol... i never have a reason to go over there...

Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 AM

7,421 posts, read 7,411,923 times
Good job by the Captain. However he should have also informed the Occupy leftists that the movement has already imploded and become irrelevant. Which is what you would expect, since it was, and is, based on envy and hatred of productive citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or