U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-30-2011, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,884 times
Default Boonton Township questions

Hello all,
I am new to this and was curious if someone could help me with this--I am interested in moving to Morris County zoning in on Boonton Township but when I did some research, I found that there are 2 superfund sites on Rockaway Valley Road--does anyone have any insight on this? I am just concerned about air/water quality as I have little ones. It was a total bummer to find those but I am wondering if anyone knows about this/lives nearby as I was not able to find much further info.
Thanx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-30-2011, 07:05 PM

645 posts, read 1,097,454 times
The two "superfund" sites in that area are relatively minor, both are on industrial/commercial properties, and I think one of them was pretty much resolved 20+ years ago. The sites don't have many houses immediately surrounding them, they are on/adjacent to the old ARC/Cessna airfield facility which is now used for sports fields and some commercial/light manufacturing uses. I know a lot of people living in BT, some of them for 30+ years. Most them aren't even aware of these minor issues, let alone care about them. I wouldn't worry about it. BT is probably the one of the least-contaminated townships in northern NJ, in my opinion. You aren't going to find any place that hasn't had some kind of environmental issue in the past on a specific property or two.

Unread 12-04-2011, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,884 times
Thanx for your reply, I am always extensive with my research and in the case of where to move-I feel you have to know all the good and all the bad. I do wish there was more info on this as if it was resolved, why don't they just take it off the list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey