Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 07:00 PM

36 posts, read 28,622 times

Advertisements

I'm Indian and I don't live far from you (Carteret.) Yeah, it's a thing. Don't mind it. If it gets annoying, you can ask them politely if you wish about it, like "I was wondering if you had a question for me or something?". Or just tell em to $%@ off lol. They won't do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 07:33 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Yes for decades. Immigrants are snubbing there nose at our way of life and look what happened on 9/11 when we ignored it.

I saw your Memorial photo in the Highlands so I applaud you for posting it.

A good neighbor would walk over and offer help without being asked. It's called common courtesy, being neighborly, showing respect. All things that are taught growing up but apparently they're not since the grandfather started the sit in.
Well, that was just weird to all line up and watch. But maybe they had no idea what you were doing, either. They also may have picked up somehow how you feel about them.

Glad you liked the photo, but you should know that I am a 9/11 WTC survivor who has written and spoken about the need to not let our response be to turn people who are different from us into "Thems". Because that's exactly what the terrorists did. My fellow survivors, and my dead coworkers, are and were immigrants and Americans, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists...gay, straight...you get the idea.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:47 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Call F Troop???
As long as they all relax in town.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do you say hello to them?

Ni hao (sort of pronounced Nee How).

People from some other cultures do stare, you know that, right? It's not considered rude, and they don't automatically know that it's rude when they move here from places where it isn't rude. They don't stand in line in China, either, and if you are in their way on the sidewalk and they want to get by, they will just shove you out of the way.

I see them doing that on the subways and trains in the city--shoving past people, not waiting their turn, and people get angry, but the Chinese don't know you are supposed to do something different here.

It's not rude. It's just the way it is.
Yes, they do. Someone started a thread about this in the Minnesota Forum a few months ago. They said the Somalians were always staring at them.

Getting to know you...

Old 01-11-2018, 05:49 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, that was just weird to all line up and watch. But maybe they had no idea what you were doing, either. They also may have picked up somehow how you feel about them.

Glad you liked the photo, but you should know that I am a 9/11 WTC survivor who has written and spoken about the need to not let our response be to turn people who are different from us into "Thems". Because that's exactly what the terrorists did. My fellow survivors, and my dead coworkers, are and were immigrants and Americans, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists...gay, straight...you get the idea.
I admire your courage.

I am not a survivor but know people who are and a NYC Fireman and a NJ State Trooper who was called in that day.

I agree we can't let them divide us at the same time we can't let them disrespect our values and culture.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
we can't let them disrespect our values and culture.
i have my own sets of values and culture as i am an individual and not obligated to any group of people. i dont know how someone can disrespect my values and culture in a meaningful way.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:40 AM

52 posts, read 49,747 times
In good ole eastern Europe/Russia you get punched in the face without a warning for staring.... jk it's not like that anymore, hehe

Old 01-11-2018, 11:56 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
I hear you.

Imagine when they are your doctor?

Why are these people here bringing the way of life they are trying to escape?

Finally an investigation into all the 7-11's run by Indians.
Immigration agents descend on dozens of 7-Eleven stores

The OP is from Iselin NJ and that town is a tourist destination known as Little India.
Oak Tree Road - Little India in Edison and Iselin
Based on my experience with Kaiser who hires a lot of foreigners, many are very hostile to American patients and don't communicate well with them. Dangerous and very sad in the medical community.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Based on my experience with Kaiser who hires a lot of foreigners, many are very hostile to American patients and don't communicate well with them. Dangerous and very sad in the medical community.
My mother's Indian doctor was top notch. He spoke English as though it was his native language--he was probably bilingual since birth--was extremely intelligent, and had a sense of humor. It doesn't get any better than that.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
just be like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfdTUGMMi_c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey