Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,902,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Here's another thing that drives me crazy. People who think it is just fine to travel with their dog and bring it to somebody's house without asking first. I know a few people who do this. Just show up with the dog like it's a person and think that it's OK and peachy.

My message to them: Don't do this. It is beyond rude. I've had a few bbq's where people arrive with the dog and let it loose in my back yard, where it proceeds to take a leak on my patio. Un-be-effing-lievable.

Many people are too nice to say anything, many others are in shock and too paralyzed to express themselves. So let me just speak for them: Please leave the dam mutt at home and what the hell are you thinking? Do not bring your uninvited pets to people's houses. Ever!
I'll second that for children. If you are invited to a time at someone else's house ASK before you bring the kids. Don't just tow them along. Not everyone likes your little darlings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 08:52 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,330,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Sums it up in one word. OP's are too loose, new neighbors are too rigid.

Ignoring the issue won't make it go away. I'd suggest talking to the neighbors, pointing out this difference and saying, 'hey look, we've got to live next to each other. I'll try tightening up my boundaries to satisfy you, and I'd appreciate your consideration to ease your boundaries a bit.'
this really hit the nail on the head. OP needs to understand, not everyone loves dogs, and if they have young children, it may make them a little uneasy that there's a dog that runs freely through their backyard. maybe the solution is they put up a fence to keep things out, or OP puts up a fence to keep dog in. I don't think my neighbors would think too highly of me if my 75 lb dog was running through their yards. I realize it's not the dog's fault...the dog does what it knows. And you'll train the dog in time. But in the meantime, you need to be on top of it.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,971,680 times
Regrettably, the OP is now serving time in prison after being convicted of attempting to install new siding on his neighbor's house.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 AM

19,037 posts, read 25,119,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Regrettably, the OP is now serving time in prison after being convicted of attempting to install new siding on his neighbor's house.

Good one, Marc!

You know the old saying, "Many a true word was said in jest".
Who knows what the OP's latest attempts to "help" his neighbors might have been?

Old 01-16-2014, 11:09 PM

57 posts, read 109,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
Good post thanks. A little more reasonable than most. My dog has been re trained and knows not to go over there but just like humans they make errs and mistakes.
Very very true. In fact, not just like humans, but like animals. The most well-trained animal can make mistakes, sometimes very very serious ones. Of course this again leads back to the responsible action which is to not allow a dog the opportunity to make a mistake. Training is not a bad thing, but it's not a complete action. The complete responsible action is leash or fence. No ifs and or buts. But if you refuse to understand this, then it'll just continue to tick you off when people say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey