U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,702,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
recently i was in a frozen yogurt place and someone's little spider monkey that must have been about 1.5 years old attacked my daughter who is 22 months old. the guy was very apologetic and embarrassed but they are crazy to leave that animal loose like that. i dont know how a kid so young could have so much aggression.
I've sometimes had to hold back from grabbing the ear of a brat or two who's pushed my younger child out of the way on the playground. The best is when the mom or dad are busy talking on the phone and not paying attention to what their hellions are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 AM

51,333 posts, read 50,591,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I've sometimes had to hold back from grabbing the ear of a brat or two who's pushed my younger child out of the way on the playground. The best is when the mom or dad are busy talking on the phone and not paying attention to what their hellions are doing.
I had a six-year-old once tell me that he could kill my daughter after I met him (I knew his mother from my job) and told him that my daughter was going to be in the same school as he was that September.

I just leaned over and quietly said, "and if you ever TOUCH my daughter, I will kill YOU. Do you understand me?"

By third grade this kid casually told a teacher he was going to cut her throat. He was put in another school where they directed kids with this type of behavior into activities like wrestling or whatever. He came back to the mainstream school in high school. My daughter once said after the Virginia Tech shooting, "If that happened in our school, it would definitely be <name> who did it." She said he used to walk around the hallways pretending he had a rifle and was stalking people.

Upon graduation, he joined the Marines and was shipped to Afghanistan, where he still is. His mother had the nerve to act all upset and worried about this, too. I'm thinking "aren't you GLAD he's somewhere where they gave him a gun where it's acceptable to be shooting one rather than lying awake worrying about whether he's going to take out a bunch of kids at McDonald's????" Then again, she probably just made excuses for him and never saw him as a potentially dangerous individual the way everyone else does.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM

303 posts, read 767,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a six-year-old once tell me that he could kill my daughter after I met him (I knew his mother from my job) and told him that my daughter was going to be in the same school as he was that September.

I just leaned over and quietly said, "and if you ever TOUCH my daughter, I will kill YOU. Do you understand me?"

By third grade this kid casually told a teacher he was going to cut her throat. He was put in another school where they directed kids with this type of behavior into activities like wrestling or whatever. He came back to the mainstream school in high school. My daughter once said after the Virginia Tech shooting, "If that happened in our school, it would definitely be <name> who did it." She said he used to walk around the hallways pretending he had a rifle and was stalking people.

Upon graduation, he joined the Marines and was shipped to Afghanistan, where he still is. His mother had the nerve to act all upset and worried about this, too. I'm thinking "aren't you GLAD he's somewhere where they gave him a gun where it's acceptable to be shooting one rather than lying awake worrying about whether he's going to take out a bunch of kids at McDonald's????" Then again, she probably just made excuses for him and never saw him as a potentially dangerous individual the way everyone else does.
That kid sounds like the sort of guy we need in the army. We don't need PC-gone wild types who are more interested in some dadt type action than war we need hero's like that kid.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post
That kid sounds like the sort of guy we need in the army. We don't need PC-gone wild types who are more interested in some dadt type action than war we need hero's like that kid.
I agree that it's the best place for him to be.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 PM

22,727 posts, read 28,597,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
i know the kid was less than 2 years old, but i really wanted to put a knee to his face after learning what he was doing.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,949,448 times
Quote:

Do you think this is due to poor parenting or is the kid mentally defective?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Do you think this is due to poor parenting or is the kid mentally defective?
I'm not sure and have wondered about that myself. I know his mother because our paths keep crossing in life, even though we are not best buddies--we went to the same secretarial school years ago, then ended up at the same employer, although I started a couple of years before she did and we were in totally different areas, and then when I moved back to my hometown it turned out she had moved there and in fact lived in a house that once belonged to a relative of mine. It's kind of twilight-zoney.

But I do remember that when our kids were small/pre-school age, she was gung-ho about her job and the kind of person who worked long hours to get noticed by upper management, while at that time I was just doing my job to pay the bills and get home asap. I also remember her complaining about the kids picking up foul language from her MIL, who was her day care, but that doesn't mean the MIL was necessarily a psycho or anything.

Anyway, this woman (the boy's mother) is extremely critical and intolerant of everyone else, both in the workplace and in the town, where she was always involved in the school board and other community activities, yet it seemed to us on the outside as if she never made an effort to correct her own son or deal with his obvious issues until she was forced to do so by the school. Her attitude always seemed to be dismissive--like "Oh, he just SAYS those things and everyone gets so upset over it but he really doesn't mean anything by it." So, I don't know if his problems are a result of inattention when he was very young, or if he was just born that way and she tried to ignore it or didn't take it seriously. She has a husband, but he seems to be very introverted and cowed by her.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,523,939 times
Hahahahahahahahaha !!

That has to suck, coming home to a home you own, and not getting a long with the neighbors ... My mother lives in an apartment and the guy downstairs used to do things to purposely annoying her- play his music loud till 4:00am, rev his sports car in the garage, throw firecrackers at her window at midnight. She started calling the cops for every little thing, I was worried she'd get shot ... She still a live and the neighbor must have a criminal record, he's suddenly a "Saint". I was there the day 2 cops came and had a talk with him, threatening him. Love it !

Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM

4,074 posts, read 7,054,752 times
Hey OP.... THAT didn't exactly go the way you were hoping, eh?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,405,486 times
Quote:

Sounds like a typical psychopath to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or