U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:51 PM

14,364 posts, read 14,496,158 times

Advertisements

Wow, you sound like a big part of the problem.

The neighbor has a right to NOT have YOUR dog running into THEIR yard. How about you take responsibility for your mutt, that would probably help a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 02:35 PM

143 posts, read 255,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Sounds like a typical psychopath to me.
If this kid was already threatening other people at six years ago, he really has psychological problems. Who knows what his home life is like? Or perhaps he's schizophrenic or something.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,348,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rahrah View Post
If this kid was already threatening other people at six years ago, he really has psychological problems. Who knows what his home life is like? Or perhaps he's schizophrenic or something.
I just hope we don't have a serial killer among us terrorizing the state once he returns from the mid-east.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:18 PM

48,649 posts, read 48,346,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rahrah View Post
Well, as stated, I KNOW his parents, and they aren't drunks or druggies or anything.

Doesn't sound like schizophrenia. If he was hearing voices and out of touch with reality, someone would have noticed that by now. It's a small town. Besides, kids aren't usually schizophrenic--that's a disease that manifests itself in late teens or early 20's.

Personally, I think that at a very young age, he came to know that saying things like that got him attention that he wasn't getting otherwise. To some kids, negative attention is better than none at all. How much that need for attention has continued to grow within him is the problem. Hopefully the military will be good for him, but then again--sending people out with guns to kill other people who aren't that much different isn't all that great on the psyche, is it.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 AM

1,787 posts, read 4,701,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, as stated, I KNOW his parents, and they aren't drunks or druggies or anything.

Doesn't sound like schizophrenia. If he was hearing voices and out of touch with reality, someone would have noticed that by now. It's a small town. Besides, kids aren't usually schizophrenic--that's a disease that manifests itself in late teens or early 20's.

Personally, I think that at a very young age, he came to know that saying things like that got him attention that he wasn't getting otherwise. To some kids, negative attention is better than none at all. How much that need for attention has continued to grow within him is the problem. Hopefully the military will be good for him, but then again--sending people out with guns to kill other people who aren't that much different isn't all that great on the psyche, is it.
Yeah, it is rare for young kids to be schizophrenic. Could children be misdiagnosed? ADHD?
Mental Health America: Schizophrenia in Children
Schizophrenia in Children: Resources - ABC News
Understanding Schizophrenia: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes

Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 AM

48,649 posts, read 48,346,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post

I don't know how they'd confuse ADHD and Schizophrenia. I think the kid I was talking about WAS diagnosed with ADHD, but there was never any indication that he was out of touch with reality or heard voices, at least that I know of.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:16 AM

15,574 posts, read 17,728,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
I'm not saying they have to accept this dog on their property, but they need to accept that it will take time for the OP to change the dogs behavior, which the OP has said they're trying to do.

Even though I own dogs doesn't mean I think everyone likes them or that they should be allowed everywhere. Personally, I always leash my dogs and never take them where dogs are not allowed. I make no attempt to even approach other people when walking my dogs unless they seem to want to pet my dogs.

I just don't think everyone, including the neighbors, should be bashing the OP so much since they are making an effort to retrain the dog. It'd be totally different if the OP's attitude was "My dog can do whatever it wants, ********* guys.", but it's not.
Making an effort does not involve letting them out loose. It involves restraining at this point. Retraining involves more than just saying you are, it involves doing something. Continuing to let a dog out to just run over to the neighbors, and then calling them back is not gonna cut it. This dog needs to be leashed when out, and kept w/in his yard period. He will still run into neighbors yard anytime he is loose. Fence, or leash.....only options

Old 02-08-2012, 05:20 AM

15,574 posts, read 17,728,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
My question didn't call for any speculation about the OP's situation. It was clearly a hypothetical that applied to any situation. Many people have kids. Many people have dogs. Again, normal conversation. And again normal flow of conversation to answer questions without assuming everyone goes back and studies your previous posts.

There is a reason the majority of people don't feel the way you do.
Just start a new thread already! or stick to the topic

Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 AM

592 posts, read 1,896,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If you want to try to get back at them, try staring at them. Apparently it really annoys folks.
lol.

This thread sounds like the trailer to lakeview terrace. OP you should go rent the movie.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM

614 posts, read 1,108,206 times
After reading the first 4 pages of this post it looked like it turned into a dog on a leesh issue. Wasn't there a little more to this story the JUST THE DOG? Like the new neighbor using someone else's lawn equiptment and NOT returning it? Sounded to me like the new people were A**es from the beginning. Hold on here it is....

I Love Christmas but they just moved in and they are playing loud music? Someone disconnected the device and the husband went door to door to ask if they did it. Even bothered an 85 year old man at 9:45 at night. Then to the awesome neighbor who I have become close to not only did he borrow the blower he has asked three times to help him move something inside the house. The wife he tells me hides in the other room and has never even introduced herself. I had the absolute displeasure of meeting her. I have never met a more aggressive ***** in my life.

So why did this become ALL about the dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or