Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:51 PM

33 posts, read 177,525 times

Advertisements

A lady and her three kids used to live there with a dog and awesome dog. My dog and her dog used to run around and play with each other almost daily. Well last May or so she moved out. I took care of the lawn and stuff while the house was being renovated. Long story short he just sold it. The new couple with her two kids moved in and the second night they lived here they borrowed my neighbors blower and my neighbor had to ask for it back two weeks later. The husband came to my house four time all AFTER (:30 at night when he is home all damn day (disabled on ssi) to tell me my dog ran on their property. Literately just ran across their lawn. I told them to give me a month to re train her. I mean my dog doesn't understand that she cant walk on there anymore. So I go outside with her and when she wants to head over there I yell at her. My dog is 7 and smart as hell. She will understand in a month or so. But she comes over the wife this time and tell me to take responsibility for myself. I felt like saying lady you have known me for twenty minutes and your giving me directions? Then they have Christmas music blaring thru the patio speakers. I Love Christmas but they just moved in and they are playing loud music? Someone disconnected the device and the husband went door to door to ask if they did it. Even bothered an 85 year old man at 9:45 at night. Then to the awesome neighbor who I have become close to not only did he borrow the blower he has asked three times to help him move something inside the house. The wife he tells me hides in the other room and has never even introduced herself. I had the absolute displeasure of meeting her. I have never met a more aggressive ***** in my life.

To seal the douche-bag deal right up the next day they called the cops because my dog ran across thew front lawn to get a drink from the river. I told them im very sorry we are trying. I forgot about her for a minute. Look I understand its now thier property but jeez cant they be a little more passive? Cant they be a little more understanding and give us time to retrain our dog. The neighborhood loved my pooch. Everyone welcomes her.

My question is what can I do to get them back? What devious thing can I do where I dont care if they know it was me or not. I just want to get them back for calling the fking police. I mean here for three weeks and calling the cops? Jeez what a way to move in

PLEASE give me examples of what I can do to get back at there complete *******s. I will really Appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,002,162 times
Train your dog. That will teach them.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 PM

33 posts, read 177,525 times
I should mention when I was blowing off the leaves on my lawn I did all my neighbors driveways. About 12 houses. This is in Lake Mohawk NJ. Everyone on of them said thanks or waved out the window. This guy comes running down the driveway and says "who the hell made you designated street sweeper?" I mean are you kidding me? I tried to do them like the other a favor. Just trying to be friendly.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,009,972 times
And they say homeownership means no troublesome neighbors.

As manderly says above, train your dog. Your obviously used to feeling a strong connection to this house as well as to your neighborhood but these people seem to be more hands-off and want to feel that their property is theirs alone. If they don't want you on it, regardless of habit or good intentions, then that is something you will need to respect, no matter how you feel about them personally. In the reverse, when they play the loud music outside, yourself and your neighbors should ask them to turn it down and if not, then do as they did and involve the authorities.

And I don't suggest any "revenge" or vendetta at all. It will only end badly and at the end of the day is utterly pointless. Whether you like it or not, they live next door and you are going to have to find a way to live with them.

And maybe put up a fence and plant some trees on that side.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,729,662 times
Fences make good neighbors. Try to ignore them; they don't appreciate anything you do for them. Don't take revenge, that will just come back to bite you in the "arse."

Old 12-24-2011, 12:33 AM

11,337 posts, read 10,981,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
I should mention when I was blowing off the leaves on my lawn I did all my neighbors driveways. About 12 houses. This is in Lake Mohawk NJ. Everyone on of them said thanks or waved out the window. This guy comes running down the driveway and says "who the hell made you designated street sweeper?" I mean are you kidding me? I tried to do them like the other a favor. Just trying to be friendly.
Look, you can't just let your dog run loose. That is irresponsible. And dangerous for the dog. Even if previous neighbors permitted it, that is wrong behavior in a suburban location. Tie the dog up outside, install a dog run, install Invisible Fence, whatever. You can't have a dog just freely roaming the neighborhood. It has to be contained to your property line. Training is not enough, you have to restrain the dog with either a fence or a rope or a run. Having the dog run on their property must stop immediately.

And truthfully, if you started walking on my driveway with a leaf blower I'd seriously consider having you arrested for trespassing. That is not proper behavior. Don't do anyone favors without asking. You are not only violating private property rights, but also exhibiting bad manners. Being too "helpful" is not always a good thing.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:58 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,008,220 times
Maharg, I got news for you. You're being unreasonable here. The neighbor could have reacted in your favor, but he/she didn't. The reality is that you should respect your neighbors boundaries.

If you want to try to get back at them, try staring at them. Apparently it really annoys folks.

Last edited by NJBest; 12-24-2011 at 01:25 AM..

Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,020,426 times
Sound like a lovely bunch of people.

Just burn their lousy house down.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:31 AM

19,047 posts, read 25,148,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Look, you can't just let your dog run loose. That is irresponsible. And dangerous for the dog. Even if previous neighbors permitted it, that is wrong behavior in a suburban location. Tie the dog up outside, install a dog run, install Invisible Fence, whatever. You can't have a dog just freely roaming the neighborhood. It has to be contained to your property line. Training is not enough, you have to restrain the dog with either a fence or a rope or a run. Having the dog run on their property must stop immediately.

And truthfully, if you started walking on my driveway with a leaf blower I'd seriously consider having you arrested for trespassing. That is not proper behavior. Don't do anyone favors without asking. You are not only violating private property rights, but also exhibiting bad manners. Being too "helpful" is not always a good thing.

I have to agree with Marc.
While the new neighbors may not be to your liking, the fact remains that the OP is being irresponsible by allowing his dog to roam freely. Even if the local municipality does not have a leash law, it is still irresponsible to allow the dog to roam freely.

And, no matter how helpful someone thinks he is being when clearing leaves off of someone else's lawn, this is still trespassing, and the neighbors can make a legal issue of it if they wish.

"Two wrongs do not make a right" is an old saying that would be applicable here. You don't have to love your neighbors; you just have to coexist with them.
If that means ignoring them, and/or planting new shubbery, and/or building a fence, so be it.
In any event, you need to keep your dog off of everyone else's property!

Last edited by Retriever; 12-24-2011 at 06:23 AM..

Old 12-24-2011, 06:05 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,908,961 times
I would be pissed too if my neighbor let their dog run all over my property. You are in the wrong here, OP. Also I give your new neighbor credit for coming over and trying to talk reasonably to you about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey