Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 05:53 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,862,267 times

Advertisements

I would put up the tallest fence you can put up and ignore them or just wave hi in the driveway when you see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 06:59 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,921 times
Default ~~~ Boundaries ~~~

Sums it up in one word. OP's are too loose, new neighbors are too rigid.

Ignoring the issue won't make it go away. I'd suggest talking to the neighbors, pointing out this difference and saying, 'hey look, we've got to live next to each other. I'll try tightening up my boundaries to satisfy you, and I'd appreciate your consideration to ease your boundaries a bit.'

Old 12-24-2011, 10:32 AM

77 posts, read 376,288 times
It is very obvious that you and your new neighbor have gotten off to a bad start. Learn from the experience and respect the fact that they are different than the old neighbors. I would not attempt any revenge on the new people. Your initial posting was written when you were obviously angry. Now that you have hopefully cooled off a little, try to put the past behind you. Respect the privacy of the new neighbor, leash your dog, and steer clear of the property borders. As someone else suggested, put up a fence, be sure to face the nice side towards you LOL. When you see them, wave and say HI! Shower them with kindness and they will quietly wonder what is going on with you. Over time things will most like change into a mutual respect for each other.
Bill

Old 12-24-2011, 11:13 AM

303 posts, read 920,044 times
Theres definately someone unreasonable here, but its not your neighbour What if the doog do the poop on their lawn how you feel on it? They speaked with you about it, what you wanted - they bake u a cherry cake? You need to wake up and smell their coffee man, the old lady is gone, things are different - get used to it.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:30 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,248 times
Another irresponsible pet owner here we have uncovered.

Look I am not going to get on a rant here, since a few people above said what I was going to say, but the fact is this. If you cannot face the responsibility of keeping your dog, or any other type of "aggressive" pet, behind the gate in the daytime, then DO NOT own one as a pet. Plain and simple. Ever been attacked by a dog? When I was away at college I was delivering papers one morning and this big pitbull came charging out the storm door (wood door was open) of someone's house and chewed up my arm. I sued them, and won. Guess what? It is AGAINST THE LAW to have your dog running free out in the open in your neighborhood. Keep those words in your head. You are BREAKING THE LAW.

And quite frankly, if it were up to me, I would make it against the law to own such an aggressive animal as a pet, since so many people nowadays cannot face this simple responsibility. It is commonly heard that dogs can turn on their owners.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 AM

92 posts, read 345,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If you want to try to get back at them, try staring at them. Apparently it really annoys folks.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
We have several acres and although I really like my neighbors across the road, I don't appreciate their dog peeing on all my trees and bushes, and pooping all over the place. I have a dog, who is trained to our boundary line. While I like their dog, I prefer it stay on it's own property.

Suggest you install an invisible fence or train with a hand held remote with collar and flags. I watch my daughter's dog and it only took her one day to acknowledge the boundaries of our property.

You sound like a really nice guy but I would not focus on revenge, rather just ignore them and stay off their property too. When you leaf blow or snow blow you can continue to do your neighbors, just not THEIRS!

Old 12-25-2011, 07:15 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
I'm going to agree with the other ten posters. When you go out put a leash on your dog. Duh. I live on a large lot in the burbs and I have a large trained dog. When I go out the front door I put a leash on him. It's not hard. I have a back yard that's fenced in and when I let him out and if he barks a couple of times I go immediately to the rear door and let him in the house. I would expect this from my neighbors also. I love animals but I don't want my neighbors dogs or cats on my lawn either as i wouldn't let my dog on their property. It's easy buy a leash.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:36 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
sleep with his wife.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:40 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I love dogs. I have 4 of them. I don't even let them BARK at my neighbors, let alone allow them to wander around loose on their property.

My neighbors behind me leave their dog out in the yard all day barking barking barking.
He's the ahole. Not me for reporting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey