U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 06:13 AM

1,495 posts, read 4,439,196 times

Advertisements

We have these stupid people that live upstairs from us and are always playing loud music. This has been going on for at least a year now. The music is played at 4am 12pm 3pm 11pm. Just about anytime of the day and it's driving us crazy.

We live in a building and two months ago I told the mgt. about it and they sent them a letter. Then in November we had to call the cops cause it was so loud that we couldn't even hear the tv if it was at high volume. It's always above our bedroom too. THe cop actually brought them downstairs to our house and wanted them to hear it and agreed with us that it was out of control. He told them next time there would be a fine. The landlord has also told them they cannot play music so loud. We've lived in that building for 20 years so we are not going anywhere.

It has calmed down a little bit, but they still play it often. They played it last night till about 12:30am and then we had to knock on the ceiling for them to stop. So he came down all drunk knocking on our door and told us that he can play whenever he wants and all the deal. I wanted to grab my camera to record him but I couldn't find it in time.

Im really getting angry about this and they are just inconsiderate and I'm sure they are illegal immigrants all up there too.

What else can I do?
Can I take them to court for harrassment? No one is helping us. I'm going to have to go down to the police station and ask them

Has anyone else been through this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 06:52 AM

5,370 posts, read 10,134,198 times
city living at it's finest. ps move to the burbs. all kidding aside, i'd call the police every time it's after 10pm and loud. not that they could do much, maybe write a ticket and advise them daily to turn down the music. good luck.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:05 AM

12,381 posts, read 22,636,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
city living at it's finest. ps move to the burbs. all kidding aside, i'd call the police every time it's after 10pm and loud. not that they could do much, maybe write a ticket and advise them daily to turn down the music. good luck.
Thats not just city living , Apartments can found in most Jersey burbs....and Suburban areas do have there share of loud idiots...

Old 12-25-2011, 07:27 AM

303 posts, read 767,183 times
Time to move bro'. If the landlord don't care, then what can you do - lot of old people in same positiomn living in areas for year then some guys come along playing their music and bag.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:42 AM

17,579 posts, read 38,320,873 times
I don't understand why you didn't call the cops again.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:54 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,404,545 times
Raven, for the past six months you have been posting on these boards that you are looking to move and I think we have all given you pretty decent advice. You obviously hate where you live and want to get out of there, so just make up your mind where you want to go and get out of there already. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:07 AM

22,690 posts, read 28,583,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
He told them next time there would be a fine.
sounds to me like you could call the cops and have them fined.

or you could go up there, have a few drinks and sleep with his wife.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:18 AM

15,832 posts, read 18,460,249 times
Keep calling the police, and keep complaining to the landlord. Do not antagonize people that show up at your door drunk after they have agreed not to do what they are continuing to do. You should call the police, and the landlord immediately. Put the phone up in air to convey the noise level. I would be cautious w/ antagonizing neighbors these days, too many nut cases out there. You could always send an anonymous tip to Immigration, if you really want to cause them grief. I am not sure I would want to be that involved. These are my opinions on your questions. Happy Holidays

And....Why is it anyone's business how many times someone poses similar questions. Just stop posting on a thread you don't like, don't be rude. Rude, micro managing

Old 12-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Raven, for the past six months you have been posting on these boards that you are looking to move and I think we have all given you pretty decent advice. You obviously hate where you live and want to get out of there, so just make up your mind where you want to go and get out of there already. Merry Christmas.
yeah it's pretty hard when you have to save enough to leave. I'm not moving to another apt. to deal with the same thing. When I move it will be to a home

Old 12-25-2011, 12:46 PM

So we did call the cops again today because he came down **** drunk and wanted to knock our door down. The cop told him that next time he comes down to harass us he will get arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey