Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Hi Lauren-

Thanks for the reply....It's not a bad HS per se- It's a pretty good school - but not as good as it should be compared to other HS's in similar socioeconomic areas- even w/in Monmouth cty.....just weary of dropping 550K for a house plus 10K plus in taxes to have to even consider private HS....its really the only issue w/ the town in my opinion- sat scores, 4 year college % etc should all be higher in line with similar towns.....not saying it should be top 10- but more in line w/ cranford, berkley heights even manalapan etc....
South is fine, North I would avoid like the plague.

Also don't forget you will have the MCVSD academies (two of which are in the top 20 schools in the nation) available to you, if your child is qualified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Does anyone know anything about Hillyer Circle? seems to be a lot of homes for sale on that street- not sure why there are so many?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 AM

bump...

Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 AM

can anyone speak to Lincroft? how is it as a place to live/neighborhood feel/make-up

How bad is the traffic? Is it any better using m-town/Lincroft road as opposed to 520?

What is the latest w. the Avaya development? How about the construction w/ the Bamm Hollow Country Club?

Any reasons to avoid the area?

Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 AM

32 posts, read 64,723 times
Have you thought about Manalapan? Many New Yorkers are going to Manalapan. Nice area and good school system as well.

Last edited by missyrusty; 04-15-2013 at 09:47 AM..

Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM

Manalapan is too far west- commute to midtown is too much for me...and a lot of congestion nowadays

I have family there and it's nice but we're trying to escape being alongside 1/2 of Staten island and the development style housing as well.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Don't know it that well, but I was at an event in Lincroft on Friday night at the firehouse. Nice, townsie-type people. Seems very family-oriented.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:15 AM

127 posts, read 160,562 times
Moved from Bayonne 10 years ago to Lincroft. Got some good SI neighbors. I like the convenience. You may get better answers at the following- Middletown

Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 AM

127 posts, read 160,562 times
You can also get information at the Lincroft Village Green website - Lincroft Village Green Assocation, Inc.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM

901 posts, read 2,248,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
can anyone speak to Lincroft? how is it as a place to live/neighborhood feel/make-up

How bad is the traffic? Is it any better using m-town/Lincroft road as opposed to 520?

What is the latest w. the Avaya development? How about the construction w/ the Bamm Hollow Country Club?

Any reasons to avoid the area?
You've probably heard enough from me already, but I feel bad you're not getting a ton of other responses that I'm sure you are looking for. Here's what I can tell you as a person who was raised in this area, went to Middletown south and knows this part of Monmouth very well. The traffic is not bad, although it certainly has increased since we came here in 1985. M town/Lincroft rd goes North to rt 35, while 520 runs east west Lincroft to Red Bank unto the shore. You would use them for two totally different trips. Not one as opposed to the other. Check a map you'll see what I mean.

Also the Lincroft part of Middletown along with Oak Hill and Navesink are the best parts of the township. Lincroft is a a nice compromise for F.H. or L.S. because it does have somewhat of a town center compared with the suburban sprawl that is the rest of Middletown. As you know schools are good not great but the area is very safe. I would have considered Middletown or Lincroft but S.O. was concerned with the same things you are, Avaya, Bamm Hollow and middle of the road schools. Personally I feel they are all non issues, but of course she won out. Those sites will remain vacant for years and years to come like Lucent in Holmdel. The schools are plenty good enough, trust me.

One last thought, if you decide to look in Lincroft, just make sure it's not too close to the Parkway, it runs right through the area and many houses will have it right in their backyard. The blocks around Hill, Bryna, Stonehenge, Hilltop are ideal with regard to location. The blocks adjacent to Brookdale C C; Pine, Lindy, and Oak are nicer but you sacrifce some walkabilty to the shops if thats important to. Good luck, hope you can get a few more responses from people in the area. You really can't go wrong with any of the towns you are considering, it's just a matter of what appeals to you most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey