U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 PM

13 posts, read 33,181 times

Advertisements

I'm talking about the rental complex in downtown Englewood that bears this name, not the downtown area itself. My wife and I are considering renting there due to her job change. We've visited the place. Everything looked nice and everybody was very nice as well. But we've heard a lot of horror stories in a apt review site. If you live there presently or in the past, I would really appreciate it if you could share your experience. Below I've summarized a few complaints I've read so far. Thank you very much!

1. The wall and ceiling are very thin. You can hear and feel every movement of people above and next door.
2. The siren from the fire station and police station goes on at least several times a day and they also wake people up in middle of the night or early in the morning.
3. When it rains, the garage would be flooded. Cars in puddle of water. Slippery ice patches in winter. White liquid drips on cars that can't be removed.
4. nail sticking out from under the carpet.
5. In summer, AC is not powerful enough to cool; in winter the heating is not strong enough to warm. The electric and gas bill is through the roof as a result.
6. washer/dryer too small; can only take half a load.
7. Fifth floor of building #1 was condemned by the city. no certificate of operation is issued.
8. There was a large silverffish infestation problem?
9. When it rains, the common spaces are filled with garbage cans to catch the water dripping through the ceiling and light fixtures

10. Internet is very slow and works only occasionally.
11. No hot water in the morning; or there's only 2 minutes' worth.
12. Maintenance crew slow to respond and unhelpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 PM

up. Thanks for your help!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM

last bump... anyone ? Please help if you have any experience with the place...

Old 01-13-2012, 12:17 PM

2,517 posts, read 5,680,653 times
I can't comment on that particular development but I lived in Liberty Terrace in East Rutherford for 1.5 years. It is the same owner and developer. I can say that our apartment was nice but they cut every corner in the book when doing construction. Our apartment was drafty, cold air literally came in from everywhere, my heating bill was $350-$400/month in the winter. The walls are thin but that really didn't bother us, it really wasn't much different than any other apartment I'd ever I lived in. The one thing that was different was that they didn't insulate the pipes so anytime someone flushed the toilet or used the shower( even in another apartment) it sounded like a waterfall coming from inside the wall. The maintenance guy was really cool and anything that ever broke was fixed immediately and in all it was a great community. Other than the poor construction I really can't complain.

-I read the same nonsesne about silverfish at Liberty Terrace, found this not to be a problem. I saw one or two over 1.5 years
-Internet is not that bad and you have the option to upgrade the service if you want. I used the included service and had no problem, granted I wasn't streaming Netflix or anything at the time

Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 AM

Thank you tdstyles. I think the construction did cut corners at the Englewood project; but overall the residents seem to like it there so it's not a big problem.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM

Quick update: i've lived in the building since end of Feb, 2012. the experience is positive overall.

positives: Very good location that's close to all the shops, food, and nyc bus, nice staff, nice people, nice facilities (gym, parking, security. never used the library and theater),and good neighborhood.

weak points are (1) we can hear neighbors upstairs;(2) hot water not stable for us after sandy, despite many attempts by the crew. (3) rent going higher and the managing company invent more fees for us to pay. still ok but there's a limit.

overall a very good place to live.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
Default You are on the money

All the complaints other than. #8 and #12 you listed are accurate. It's still a nice place to live, but the noise through walls will drive you nuts as well as all the screaming little kids that live there whose obnoxious parents think it's just wonderful to let their kids run amuck.

The garage basement is the problem not the the 1st level garage, and yes numerous residents have had cement compound leak onto their cars.

The building location is amazing but it's shocking how poorly constructed it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or