Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times

Advertisements

Funny - every time I see the phrase Home Owners Association I remember that silly animated movie called "Over The Hedge"

Anyone see it? The President of the HOA makes a call regarding the "height" of a persons lawn. She said "I took my measuring stick and according to my reading your grass is exactly 1/2 inch over the allowed height"
Great movie- lol
ROTFLMAO

gosh I sure am getting some mileage outta the laughing guy tonight

Old 09-03-2007, 08:38 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
That sounds so imature. Why don't you just have a party . I would not want such a mess outside my house or any neighbors. I guess here, I would be calling the Homeowners assoc. My neighbors here can't leave boats on their front lawn like I see in parts of NJ. Yes, they have boats, we have many lakes close by . They keep them in the garage.
Well my dear, I never claimed to be as mature as those Stepford Wife Tennesseans.

And, by the way, they are CHILDREN, aren't they supposed to be immature?

How did this topic veer to boats on lawns? What does that have to do with anything?

I'll ask again, why are you here?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 AM

Thumbs down It all sounds like..

Tahiti- that my friend, was damn funny. Stepford...lol Sorry I can't give you reps. again for this post.

OMG: is this going to be another locked thread soon? Smells like it.

nothing is getting through....

nothing.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:25 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Tahiti- that my friend, was damn funny. Stepford...lol Sorry I can't give you reps. again for this post.

OMG: is this going to be another locked thread soon? Smells like it.

nothing is getting through....

nothing.
**smooch** - i've been trying to give you and jerz points for what seems like forever, i guess i don't spread the love fast enough!!!

i've never heard about TN so much in my life than in the past month or so!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 PM

318 posts, read 450,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I never thought I'd see the day I'd see a southerner complaining that northerners leave vehicles on the lawn.

HAHAH. That was good.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Well my dear, I never claimed to be as mature as those Stepford Wife Tennesseans.

And, by the way, they are CHILDREN, aren't they supposed to be immature?

How did this topic veer to boats on lawns? What does that have to do with anything?

I'll ask again, why are you here?
I am ignoring Jez-He doesn't live in NJ , NEITHER DO i , BUT my son does.Since I didn't see his last post and thead was locked, I'm assuming he threatened me in some way. Remember, Some of the Terrorists that killed 35 of my friends in 9/11 were from NJ.
I had a neighbor in NJ that put all that junk on her lawn, it looked Cheap.
I still thinks its dumb and my daughter felt the same.Only one person on the block that moved from Staten Island did that while others that had children never have.
Marlboro and Manalapan are supposibly upper middle class and I never saw
so much garbage in the parking lots, and on the side of highways. It was even quoted about that in an Article in the Asbury Park Press. You would think wiith all the taxes , they would clean up the roads.
Subdivisions with Homeowners societites may be like Stepford but at least it all the lawns get mowed and it doesn't make the neighborhood appear like trailor trash.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
I am ignoring Jez-He doesn't live in NJ , NEITHER DO i , BUT my son does.
1. I'm a girl.
2. I lived in New Jersey for 38 years, until 2005.
3. When I offer up advice here, it's not second-hand, through a relative. It's based on actually having lived in the place, for nearly four decades, up until very recently.
4. You're not ignoring me for your above, erroneous, reasons. You're ignoring me because by now, you're no longer willing to deal with all the many, many, many people here who have corrected you on your amazingly erroneous assessments of NJ, down to and including bad statistics with, magically, no link. You're too embarrassed to address the corrections any more. (Yet you keep on going. I have to at least give you an "A" for persistence, I guess.)

Well, thank you very much, folks! Okay, back to our regularly schedule programming...

Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
God, I promised myself I wouldn't do this. I promised...I promised...ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man, forget it, I can't just let these slip by.

Quote:
I am ignoring Jez-He doesn't live in NJ , NEITHER DO i , BUT my son does.Since I didn't see his last post and thead was locked, I'm assuming he threatened me in some way.
What the freak? Your son threatened you in some way? What the heck happened???

Quote:
Remember, Some of the Terrorists that killed 35 of my friends in 9/11 were from NJ.
Oh my God, does anyone else want to touch this one? Where do we even BEGIN to correct/clarify this one?

Quote:
I had a neighbor in NJ that put all that junk on her lawn, it looked Cheap.
You knew one person (and we don't even know if this is for real) who put "junk" on her lawn, and this equates to, "People (plural) put boats on their lawns" in NJ? God you're a sheister, Diane. You spin stuff (badly), have you no shame? What is your agenda here? I still think it's basically jealousy.

Quote:
Marlboro and Manalapan are supposibly upper middle class and I never saw
so much garbage in the parking lots, and on the side of highways. It was even quoted about that in an Article in the Asbury Park Press.
"That" article? Can you show it to us? I'm curious. Not saying that one is an out-and-out lie; something you say must be the truth once in a while, even if just by accident. Can people from Marlboro and Manalapan confirm that A) these towns are upper middle class and B) that there is an incredible amount of garbage?

Also, Diane, you're comparing the sides of highways in NJ to front lawns in TN. Yes, that's fair. Highways are ALWAYS as neat as people's personal property.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? I ask again...what is your agenda here? What is the point behind deliberately twisting facts, or pulling literal fairy tales and skipping facts altogether, on this forum? There must be a reason. I really, really feel it's sour grapes. But who knows... (shrug)

Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Calling all Stepford Wives

Ummm you forgot this little gem.

Quote:
Subdivisions with Homeowners societites may be like Stepford but at least it all the lawns get mowed and it doesn't make the neighborhood appear like trailor trash.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
1. I'm a girl.
2. I lived in New Jersey for 38 years, until 2005.
3. When I offer up advice here, it's not second-hand, through a relative. It's based on actually having lived in the place, for nearly four decades, up until very recently.
4. You're not ignoring me for your above, erroneous, reasons. You're ignoring me because by now, you're no longer willing to deal with all the many, many, many people here who have corrected you on your amazingly erroneous assessments of NJ, down to and including bad statistics with, magically, no link. You're too embarrassed to address the corrections any more. (Yet you keep on going. I have to at least give you an "A" for persistence, I guess.)

Well, thank you very much, folks! Okay, back to our regularly schedule programming...

What was the original program err i mean post ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey