Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 08:35 AM

9 posts, read 12,758 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I have a,question because no one at unemployment seems to know. I was approved for training,financial aid,grants,loans,ect...
I did not pass one class by a few points. I am approved to return. But how I do fill out the form? I was told to fill it out as I am still attending. The moeny came through. But I don't want to lie. The school sends in attendence.
No one from Trenton called me back and no one at Hackensack has an answer for me either.
If anyone else has gone through this please answer how I should fill out the form. Thank you in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 PM

I went to unemployment office today and waited for almost 2 hours. Finally I get to talk to someone and was sent to someoene else. Then finally was told to apply as I am looking for a job. I am still on EB. But was told that I am on ABT which is wrong. But I am sure tomorrow when I apply something else will happen.
Word of advice write everything down and ask for everything in writing. I said why doesn't unemployment send us anything on what to do??? No ones got it together there!! I am being told one thing by one person and something different by someone else or no answers!
This has been a big mess for me. Id hate to see someone else go through this. : (

Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 AM

Now there is another problem of course. Still not getting answers. Being tossed from this person to that person. My claim is frozen. I got 4 answers on the same question. This is all because I am wanting to obey the law. I contacted the unemployment site. The answer was with ??? at the end. Like I am supposed to know the answer. Its ridiculous! !! I am thinking of getting some legal advice.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:02 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,608 times
Sorry, the whole system is a mess due to an overload of people on UI.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM

That's the answer I got from them. They also said I cant do anything about it either. They don't care.
They wasted 2 years of my time not helping me. They screwed me! Now I might lose the grant and unemployment when I return to school. This is not something I chose. I have not been able to find a job and proved that I don't have "marketable skills" when I was hired and fired in 3 months.
I was not looking for free education or free money. I am looking for help to get back on my feet. I told these people I don't want to be unemployed. I did all the workshops and tutoring and everything else offered.
I have all the documentation to prove them wrong and still are arguing against me. I can't believe how they get away with this! I want to find a lawyer to look through my paperwork and make the calls for me because at this point I am getting nowhere.
I am looking for a job still and I am not finding anything that will be compatible with my hours at school in the same field. I am now being discriminated against because of being unemployed for this long. I don't believe that because of the incompetence and uncaring people at unemployment I am still suffering.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:25 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,622,592 times
Default I did all the workshops and tutoring and everything else offered.

I did all the workshops and tutoring and everything else offered.
I did all the workshops and tutoring and everything else offered.
They wasted 2 years of my time not helping me
They wasted 2 years of my time not helping me

well which is it. the first 2 lines or the second 2 lines.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:10 AM

Its both! They wasted my time and now. Ive got nothing. If the morons that worked there gave me the right answer every time I wouldn't be in this position.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:07 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,608 times
You shouldn't have even went to those bogus unemployment schools. They're usually a waste of time and more hassle than it's worth.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 AM

Yea I know! I went to one for my medical assistant and it was a crock! Now aim going for my LPN but it is a really good school. The staff is excellent!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:48 AM

I cant find a lawyer though and I give up wasting my time with them. They gave me a lot of attitude and said there's NOTHING I can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey