Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times

Advertisements

any ideas or does anyone know of any places hiring teens for pt work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,747,801 times
Have you tried the Popcorn Park Zoo?

Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times
Default Popcorn Park Zoo........Is hiring?

my son is looking for a paying job........the popcorn park zoo pays?......if so what type of job.......thanks

Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
my son is looking for a paying job........the popcorn park zoo pays?......if so what type of job.......thanks
There's a zoo and a shelter. I don't believe all of the jobs are volunteer. You and your son need to go there to find out what is available. Check to see if the zoo is hiring.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Click on this link: Employment -

The rest is up to you. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
its hard to find a job for anyone. Teens have it especially rough becuase there are adults willing to do the jobs that typically went to teens and with out the work restrictions. Check the websites for local supermarkets, restaurants etc to see if they are hiring and fill out an online application. Then go into the busniness and make himself know. And of course make sure he has shaved, wears decent clothes... no flip flops... prob not an issue this time of year in NJ. Its better to be over dressed. He has to seem mature and actually look into the eyes of whomever he is talking to. He has to stand out and "outcompete" others. and be there at the right time and follow-up.

I dont want to come accross the wrong way. But be sure he knows how to go on a job search. I am sure you have given the same advice but make sure you check over what he plans to wear, grooming and maybe practice interview if he hasnt had a job before.

Try at some of the summer/tourist catering business on LBI or Seaside( if the drive isnt too much for you/him) Now would be the time to start looking for summer jobs.

My nephew is 20 and a couple years ago he was looking for a job. I took him to some interviews and I was shocked when I went to pick him up he hadn't shaved or showered, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. He got a bit annoyed when I told him to put better clothes and to shave. His mom told him this before she left for work but he felt like he was owed a job. And then he went to the supermarket and averted his eyes from the manager when he was talking and seemed annoyed with the whole process. (one of the managers was a client of mine) I didnt make any additional effort after that. his dad finally got him a job.

Good luck!

Last edited by jwolfer; 01-27-2012 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey