Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:08 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,601,463 times

Advertisements

Looking To Get Into The Medical Field.......not Sure Of What Programs Are Good: Medical Assistant, Surgical Tech, Transcribing, Dialysis Tech, Ekg Tech, Phlebotomist? Any Input Woudl Be Of Great Help. I'm Looking For Input On A Medical Class At This Schoolthat Will Give A Great Future For A Career In The Medical Field So I Can Make Some Money!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:55 PM

109 posts, read 477,557 times
Hi
I am a surgical tech. I'm also a nursing student an have worked in a hospital.
I know several people who went to the surgical tech program at starr, they all admit it was a good/hard program, however there tuition was anywhere from 10-13K. Surgical tech's don't make enough money to pay that back anytime soon.
the LPN program is 10 months, it's very hard but worth it. The cost os $3500
as a LPN working in a nursing home you could easily make $25 hour.
Medical asst. around here 12hr, consider the cost of the school to what your actually making.
Here's an idea, phelbotomist probably make 12hr, but the schooling is only 3 months. The local adult schools have programs that cost $900. I'm SURE starr tech is much more. Anyway, work as a phelb. in a hospital, then go back to nursing school, sometimes they will help pay for it.

Good luck
Tam

Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 9,486 times
Where else are there schools locally for the training course phelbotomist? I live in Delaware state. thanks.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,906 times
I am so disappointed in this school (Star Academy in clifton,NJ). It's been over a month and still no externship site (dialysis class). Students have been waiting over a month, they lied fron the start Never even saying that extern would be far, Extern Coordinatoors don't even answer the calls and they lie. Also is so digusting how star tech has a commercial persuading everyone saying how great they're school is; (what a joke). Nothing but unprofessional, unorganized people working there, And we have to pay $12,000 to $15,000 for this school!!, it's worth nothing for all the stress they have given everyone. This is not fair, it's not right. Star Academy Schools should be shut down!, So please Save Your Money & Your time, for all the stress just Save Your Life & DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,671 times
Star Career Academy in CLIFTON, NJ.....To some up the laundry-list of many issues that I have with this school, I will briefly air out a few issues: Like why is this Money grobbing - Greedy school still accepting students when they clearly do not have enough intern-ships sites available? Why is the administration/ admissions/management team a revolving door? Why is this school rotating/promoting unknowledgable instructors to Admissions/ Coordinator/Internship-Marketing positions? Why is it that no one has the common courtesy to stick to their PROMISES to calls you back -- after they know that they have ran out of quick-talking to get you off the phone, and ran out of lies that they know they cannot cover.

WHY is this school still in business when they are clearly still getting complains from at least 100 students from numerous classes (of students whom have completely their in-class studies). FACT: This school promised, many times, that there will be internship sites available within 10-20 mile radius. This wasn't in writing but these were words spoken from Directors and Admissions reps. When the in-class sessions were complete, few students were able to go on internship (be placed for hands-on/Clinical). The school had many excuses and vast knowledge of nothing. Everyone seemed to have been pointing fingers and could never blame them selves or at least stay consistant with getting back to the student(s).

This school has lied to students and still have many awaiting an intership. And what they didn't say in the beginning was that they have the right to place a student up to 50miles away from their homes. So if they offer a student a location that's 40 miles away (a location of a FEW that has accepted a request of the school/contract, etc. in order to have students intern) that is considered an offering to the student. So if the student turns that offering down, the school records that as a student turning an internship down. Therefore, if you complain and fuss about needing an internship, they will throw-up in your face about the one (or two) sites that were about 50 miles away that you have turned down. Said all that to say, they make it seem that there are many sites availible nearest home that they can get you into, but it's not that simple. And it not being so simple, is the thing they WILL NOT TELL YOU! And the fact that they are allowed up to 50 miles to place you is what they also DO NOT/WILL NOT tell until AT THE VERY END.

This school, all who is cashing out getting paid from the school and all whom represent it, is unfair and it hurt. This school has not only put people in a financial bind, but has failed everyone, and blind folded all students of the 2009-2010 classes with lies. Some students hopes, faith, and dream(s) are lost. Ask all students. Interview, or do whatever. They all have a story and a voice. Star Career is UNFAIR!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,335 times
Star Career Academy Of Clifton N.J. is a scam and its fraud i went there to take a dialysis tech course i was promised externship at the end of the course and I along with 16 other class mates have not been placed for that case the Director ofthis school said they don't have any contracts and that we have to wait ..... Bottom line Star Career Academy is a a fraud ... dont go there dont waste your time or money on a school that isnt a school it's just a scam ful of con-artist.. Star Career Academy doesnt even give you so much as a diploma or any type of verification stating that you did take this course..... Star Career Academy isnt what they say are and they should be shut down permantly!!

Old 12-25-2012, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,393 times
Thumbs up dialysis schools

First be careful when you select a school.go visit a dialysis clinic to obtain first hand knowledge about becoming a dialysis technician.all that glitters is not gold.check to see ithe instructors have a minimum of 10 years of experience and ask for their certification year,do not assume that all instructors know the context of what they are teaching you.dialysis technician jobs are available in every state. Take our time

Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I would look into a community college before a technical school. LPN is a good program and is at most county colleges. Even better is a 2-year program to be a P.T. assistant, if you graduated with that degree tomorrow you'd find jobs paying anywhere from $30-$40 an hour with benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: