Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:42 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
lol, I'm a fan of the sport first and a fan of my team second. It doesn't mean I don't love the Eagles, but it also doesn't mean that I don't enjoy a good game just because "my team" isn't in it. The Giants were a good story this year and overcame some major setbacks to get their team together for a run. If nothing else the Eagles should be taking a hard look at what the Giants did, because whatever "X factor" the Giants had is definitely lacking with the Eagles.
Don't give them to much credit because you have to remember we are Eagles fans and they are still the stinkin Giants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,875,478 times
Eh as an Eagles fan the only reason I supported the Giants this year was because the Patriots are evil.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,681,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcin View Post
This is in response to GoYanks34-I am ecstatic that we beat those guys from New England. We have the Red Sox and now the Patriots! What a coincidence that they're from the same area? Couldn't happen to nicer people. Go Yanks in the upcoming Season. Can't wait-Spring Training is just around the corner. Let's bring home a World Series Championship this year as well,God Willing!
That would be awesome! Especially if the Yankees beat Boston in the playoffs to get there. Those games are better than the World Series IMO!

Old 02-06-2012, 07:54 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
I spent a good part of the day listening to Boston sports radio and the fans calling in. They are generally in a state of utter, abject, bitter, New York hating, apoplexy.

And Brady's dopey wife issuing expletives about her husband being unable to both throw and catch the football at the same time? Utter entertainment gold.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:34 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
The train is absolutely infested with people on their way in to the ticker-tape parade. Can't believe how many kids there are, too. Thankful I no longer work downtown every day!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Eh as an Eagles fan the only reason I supported the Giants this year was because the Patriots are evil.
Lame excuse. They are both evil. Next thing, you'll be posting a pic of your self in a Cowgirls cheerleader outfit.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 AM

133 posts, read 311,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The train is absolutely infested with people on their way in to the ticker-tape parade. Can't believe how many kids there are, too. Thankful I no longer work downtown every day!
Yes, they invaded the normally silent Port Jervis line this morning much to the dismay of the regulars. I can deal with extra noise a few days out of the year...it's public transportation after all...but I couldn't believe the number of parents that pulled their kids out school for this either. Times have changed.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Don't give them to much credit because you have to remember we are Eagles fans and they are still the stinkin Giants!
I know, I know, it's tough. I went into the game semi-supporting the Patriots because of my Boston affiliation, but ended up rooting for the Giants based on how well they played. When next season rolls around, I will certainly be screaming for someone to knock Eli on his rear, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
And Brady's dopey wife issuing expletives about her husband being unable to both throw and catch the football at the same time? Utter entertainment gold.
The Giselle comment was pretty good, I actually give her some props for sticking up for her husband like that. Not many celebrity marriages are done for the right reasons, but it seems like Brady and Giselle may actually love each other, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometV6787 View Post
Yes, they invaded the normally silent Port Jervis line this morning much to the dismay of the regulars. I can deal with extra noise a few days out of the year...it's public transportation after all...but I couldn't believe the number of parents that pulled their kids out school for this either. Times have changed.
I would pull my son out of school for a championship parade. He wasn't in school for the Phillies World Series win in 2008, but I would have taken him out of school to go. Most of those parades are very rare occurrences (quadruply so in Philly, lol), so I figure he can catch up on his fractions and vocabulary another day and enjoy the parade and have that memory for the rest of his life.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM

939 posts, read 2,310,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Congratz to our New JERSEY Giants you mean. Nice of NYC to throw a Jersey team a parade for tomorrow.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 AM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times
Doesn't get much better then that win. What an exciting finish to a really exciting season. Last think I would have expected a couple months ago.

Already looking forward to next season
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey