Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:16 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I'm not an Eagles or Giants fan, but I've been to a few Iggles games due to my old college roommates being fans. All I have to say is, WOW, what classless pigs. I saw a father and son (who was about 6 years old) get drinks dumped on them and food thrown at them because they had Raiders jerseys on. I wouldn't root for that team if they were playing Satan himself.

Now if you'll excuse me while I go cheer on my second place Jets.
This post made me LOL!! First off - "Iggles" - my mom couldn't pronounce Eagles so she would say IGGLES - (also couldn't say Legal - came out LIGGLE.... that movie with Daryl Hannah and Robert Redford was therefore LIGGLE IGGLES, LOL). 2nd - LOL at "classless pigs". I've never been to an Iggles game (no way as a Giants fan ) but I've heard they are the nastiest in the NFL. My DH's family are all fans, and we have some good ribbing going on (OMG - last year - first game between Eagles and Giants where the Giants won in overtime? SCHWEET for me, as the only Giants fan in the whole house and had to endure abuse practically the whole game). And lastly, LOL at "wouldn't root for them if they were playing Satan himself".

My son is a HUGE Jets fan, so we've got a weird thing going on every Sunday at this house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,475 times
I grew up a Jets fan in NJ, know many Giant fans. Went to college in PA, many of my good friends including my brother in law are Eagle fans. Hands down Eagle fans are more annoying. You see Philly fans have not celebrated a championship in any sport since 1983. They have a lot of pent up rage that they blow off during Eagle games. I dont know about the new stadium, but the old one had its own court room and jail. Do yourself a favor, you live in Jersey, pick the Giants or Jets. Speaking of my brother in law, he got a payback when he wore his Eagle jersey to the fogbowl game in Chicago. Had to take it off, got shoved into a wall within 5 minutes of entering the stadium, had food thrown at him and was getting death threats. According to him the Chicago fans put the Eagle fans to shame.

I think they just booed Santa, not beat him him up. They did cheer when Michael Irvin was carried off in a stretcher.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
First thing you gotta do is learn how to pronouce the team's name.

It's not the eeegulls. It's da IGGLES!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:28 PM

34 posts, read 99,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
The Eagles are awesome. My husband is a HUGE fan. Every year he falls in a deep depression when the Eagles do well but don't go all the way. Yes, be prepared for heated arguments with those fools, the Giants fans. Jets fans aren't too bad but Giants fans are annoying.
Giants fans = annoying fools. Got it!

Thanks!!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
I love the Eagles - but the fans beat up Santa at one of the games years ago!!
I heard they just boooed Santa. Are you sure they beat him up?

Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
First thing you gotta do is learn how to pronouce the team's name.

It's not the eeegulls. It's da IGGLES!
The Eagles = Da Iggles. Got it! There's no way I would have known that without y'all!

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,763 times
They always boo Santa - but I am pretty sure he got beat up in the pl after a game that they lost to Dallas.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:47 PM

857 posts, read 2,001,845 times
Philly fans (of any sport) are the biggest losers in the country - worse than boston. Boston fans are a bunch of crybabies (they boo when an opposing pitcher tries to pick off a guy on first, or when an opposing NFL coach throws a challenge flag. really lame)
But philly fans - trash. COMPLETE TRASH. And the worst part is - the LOVE it. They are thrilled that the whole country thinks this.
Yes, they did have a courthouse in the basement of veterans stadium. to convict and sentence offenders on-the-spot.
No, they did not beat santa up, because he was on the field. They would have if they could have gotten to him. They just pelted him with snowballs and trash. Look it up. it's infamously known as "The Santa Game"
Yes, they did cheer when michael irvin was lying motionless with a career-ending spinal cord injury. 7 years later, they still show up early to MNF games in philly and wait and wait for him to talk, just so they can boo him.
Every mayor of philly must make his love for philadelphia sports part of his campaign if he wants to get elected. You always see them at games, always wearing eagles and flyers attire on the street. Ed Rendell even proudly proclaims that he was actually at the santa game.
I lived in SJ during the Rhodes/Detmer era. They once extended the nightly news 2 hours for 'special coverage' of a 'breaking story': the eagles beat the cowboys in a regular season game. whoopee.
Lastly, you cannot get a gathering of 50 or more people anywhere in the region without hearing a chorus of "let's go flyers" or the lame eagles spelling bee chant. Rock concerts, bars, street fairs. pathetic

Do you need any other convincing that philly fans are complete LOSERS?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
You don't have to like them. I don't like just northeastern teams or just southwestern teams. I'm scared of the Raiders, for example, and my husband has confirmed that, though very, very loyal, it can literally be scary to go to a Raiders game because of the fans. So if you find you like the Eagles, that's okay, but I'm SURE not everybody in SoJersey likes them.

Ever since I was a little girl, my very favorite teams were Pittsburgh (didn't live anywhere near there), Bengals (I don't know why...I really don't...that was a weird choice at the time...again, never lived in OH) and my sister's favorite team was Miami and we sure as shoot never lived in Florida.

Last fall I was talking my kids for a walk in their stroller. Without thinking I had put on one of my P-burg jerseys (my husband buys me the "girlie" ones, and I love them). It was cleanly laundered; that's all that occurred to me; I didn't think about the fact that I was 2800 miles away from a P-burg fan. Or so I thought! As we were walking along some dude leaned out his window driving by and screamed "GO STEELERS!" I think you'll be surprised, you'll find like-minded fans in your new digs one way or another.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You don't have to like them. I don't like just northeastern teams or just southwestern teams. I'm scared of the Raiders, for example, and my husband has confirmed that, though very, very loyal, it can literally be scary to go to a Raiders game because of the fans. So if you find you like the Eagles, that's okay, but I'm SURE not everybody in SoJersey likes them.

Ever since I was a little girl, my very favorite teams were Pittsburgh (didn't live anywhere near there), Bengals (I don't know why...I really don't...that was a weird choice at the time...again, never lived in OH) and my sister's favorite team was Miami and we sure as shoot never lived in Florida.

Last fall I was talking my kids for a walk in their stroller. Without thinking I had put on one of my P-burg jerseys (my husband buys me the "girlie" ones, and I love them). It was cleanly laundered; that's all that occurred to me; I didn't think about the fact that I was 2800 miles away from a P-burg fan. Or so I thought! As we were walking along some dude leaned out his window driving by and screamed "GO STEELERS!" I think you'll be surprised, you'll find like-minded fans in your new digs one way or another.
That's cool. I'm just excited about the move and looking forward to having a real team nearby. It's just part of the post-graduation, new-job excitement for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey