Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times

Advertisements

When Toll started offering these homes for sale a couple of years ago, folks were tripping over themselves to drop 9K+ for the big ones and 7K+ for the carriage homes. The townhomes were going for 6K+. It was pretty much insane.
With prices ratcheting down to more realistic levels (not quite there yet), these homes are reflecting price adjustments. I trust Hobokenguy and Bellyflops are right in their suggestion that Toll will "deal". Check out the private sales too.

To the OP, the train noise in the Junction is there. The closer you are to the tracks the louder the noise. If you buy closer to Bear Brook Rd, your noise will be significantly reduced by distance and other home buffers.
Comute to Manhatten- 1-1/2 hours depending where he's going.
Positive points-the folks we know at this Toll development love it. There is a shuttle bus to the station from this development. The school district is really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 06:12 AM

687 posts, read 3,250,762 times
Quote:
The school district is really good.
Yep--this is why we were looking there. Plus, there's practically no new construction in West Windsor.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 AM

51 posts, read 523,561 times
agree with the poster who mentioned the ridiculously small lot sizes. we checked this place out last spring and were shocked to see how little the yards were. you basically have no front yard and a tiny back yard that is right up against a neighbors' back yard. the homes themselves were pretty nice, but you would have to upgrade to a larger lot to make it worthwhile, imho.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 7,223 times
Thanks jerseyj for the info on the shuttle bus to the station from the Toll development. Ideally, we'd like a newer home, if not brand new in the Princeton Jct area. We're familiar with Toll Brothers and have always had a good experience with them. I personally don't need a huge lot but I will be looking at the homes further away from the train tracks.

We haven't yet seen the site so I'm just doing some early research. Many thanks to all who responded!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,551 times
Default Shuttle

The Shuttle is just for the apartment complex.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:37 AM

78 posts, read 400,419 times
when i was looking there 3 years ago, the sales person indicated the home owners association may start shuttling to the train station. but now seems it is just for the apartment complex.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:32 AM

56 posts, read 250,115 times
make them an offer..seriously. We have been looking at new construction. A project manager..not Toll, but Beazer, told us "to make an offer". They are desperate to move their product. If I didn't have a house to sell, I would jump at the chance for new construction right now...Good luck!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:18 PM

4 posts, read 3,829 times
A class action suit has been filed against Toll by 530 homeowners in one subdivision in Princeton Jct because of the poor construction and Toll's refusal to fix things - there are far better builders around, and fewer that are worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: