Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 AM

20 posts, read 29,691 times

Advertisements

Hi. My wife and I have both been out of work for 18 months, but my wife finally landed a job near Grand Central in NYC.

We have the contents of our former 3000 sqft house in storage and cannot afford both rent and storage any longer.

We are looking to rent a 2000+ sq ft home for a short time (3-6 months) for around $3000 per month, where we can take delivery of our things and sell them off, donate them, give them away, throw them away, sell our 2 cars, whatever... as in seriously downsize so that we can eventually live in a place we can afford.

I noticed a rental in the Haskell area (near Rainbow Lake, west of Ringwood Ave) that seems to fit this. I have a couple of questions about the area.

1.) What would be the best public transportation commute option for my wife from here? She would be able to drive to a train or bus station, but I have been unable to identify where she would go.

2.) Would this area be appropriate for yard sales of our fairly nice furnishings, antique bedroom sets, paintings, etc., or is it perhaps not affluent enough?

We're in a real bind here. Any other ideas would be welcome. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:50 AM

88 posts, read 228,583 times
1. The 197 bus (I think that is the right number) travels down Ringwwod Ave and goes to Port Authority. I don't know where the closest stop is to you but it wouldn't be far. Expect it to be close to 90 minutes on the bus since this route passes by Willowbrook Mall and all that traffic, plus City traffic.

2. Yeah, not so much the right neighborhood. You might sell it off via Craigslist or consignment instead.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey