Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:33 PM

10 posts, read 54,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Try Northlandz, I think it's out west toward lambertville. I looked it up online, it looks awesome, we're going soon. Look it up!! Also, up in sussex county there's space farms which will always strangely be an awesome place. But there's the skylands and a funplex, etc. There's also mountain creek (which used to be action park), the Palisades Mall in Palisades Park (has a ferris wheel right inside, I think a roller skating or ice skating rink, restaurants, etc.). There's plenty to find online for NJ day trips and there are books at Barnes and Noble.
Palisades Mall is actually in West Nyack (NY), though I wish it was in Pal Park

If you go there, take the kids to Dave & Busters restaurant on the top floor. They can play games there and win prizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 01:47 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Liberty State Park
I second Smithville - fun day
Do a lighthouse tour, Sandy Hook, Twin Lights, Barnegat, Cape May etc...
Soon there will be lots of fall activities - Casola Farms for hayrides, corn maze, pumpkin patch and hauted house
If they are girls and like to shop, walk around Red Bank or Westfield and you can have lunch at one of the cafes.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:12 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Try Northlandz, I think it's out west toward lambertville. I looked it up online, it looks awesome, we're going soon. Look it up!!
Unless your teens love trains, I doubt they'll enjoy Northlandz. Northlandz is best IMO for the very young, the very old, and fans of miniature trains.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Oh. I've never been there yet, but it looked like fun when I researched it.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:02 PM

56 posts, read 250,115 times
Default Lakota

A really cool and interesting all day nature and animal lover day can be had at Lokota in Columbia. They have a world class (IMO) wolf preserve that kids and adults love. It has won many awards and is in a beautiful northwestern part of the state:
Lakota Wolf Preserve in Columbia, New Jersey

Old 09-11-2007, 09:00 PM

52 posts, read 206,956 times
We go pumpkin picking every year since they were babies. But they're teenagers now, and that's just not "cool" anymore to go with their parents. Some good ideas have been posted though. I didn't know Northlandz was still open. I went there a long time ago! Keep the ideas coming! No zoos - lets keep this thread open for families of teen agers! There's plenty to do with little kids! But not so much with teens! I'm looking forward to the haunted hayrides though. I think they might like that! Renaissance Festivals are not our cup of tea. My kids thought it was stupid when we brought them there.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseywoman View Post
We go pumpkin picking every year since they were babies. But they're teenagers now, and that's just not "cool" anymore to go with their parents. Some good ideas have been posted though. I didn't know Northlandz was still open. I went there a long time ago! Keep the ideas coming! No zoos - lets keep this thread open for families of teen agers! There's plenty to do with little kids! But not so much with teens! I'm looking forward to the haunted hayrides though. I think they might like that! Renaissance Festivals are not our cup of tea. My kids thought it was stupid when we brought them there.
Well depending on where you are in NJ there is always Philly or NYC

Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
Default Eastern State Penetentiary in Philly

GREAT Hauted Halloween tour. They give other tours when it's not Halloween that are supposed to be good, but the halloween thing scared the bejezes out of me. Definately recommend it for teenagers.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:38 PM

16 posts, read 83,296 times
My daughter, who is 17, says the best thing to do in NJ is to drive to PA. But I like to stop on the way in Lambertville NJ and visit the River Horse Brewery, then go over the bridge to New Hope PA.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM

16 posts, read 83,296 times
Oh...I forgot!! Pick up a copy of WEIRD NEW JERSEY. That ought to get your teens interested.

Amazon.com: Weird N.J.: Your Travel Guide to New Jersey's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird): Books: Mark Moran,Mark Sceurman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey