Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:46 PM

777 posts, read 2,380,477 times

Advertisements

There are several Taylor Rentals in North Jersey. They rent out tools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,307 times
I know this thread is a month old at this point, but I learned about 'tool-libraries' today and remembered this thread, so I thought I'd share the info because I thought it was interesting.

From Find a Tool-Lending Library to Borrow Free Tools for DIY and Home Maintenance Projects

Quote:
Find a Tool-Lending Library to Borrow Free Tools for DIY and Home Maintenance Projects

Your public library is a great source for free books, movies, and other information and entertainment, but it's not the only place you can go to borrow free stuff. Tool-lending libraries now exist all over the United States and allow their members to borrow tools, equipment, and how-to manuals free of charge.

Wikipedia offers a long list of these tool-lending libraries across the United States. They're not as numerous as the public libraries we're all familiar with, but there are multiple locations in most states. This is an excellent resource for those who are looking to save a little money on home repairs. It's also great if you want to tackle a DIY project but don't have the tools you need. Signing up for a membership will vary by location, but for the most part you just sign up and borrow what you need for however long the library allows. If you've been to any type of library before this isn't a new concept, but rather a wonderful resource for saving money on tools you may not use very often.
List of tool-lending libraries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately, NJ does not have any tool-lending libraries. NY has several (including Manhattan). PA has one in Philly. I thought it was a cool concept. Maybe someone will start one in NJ some day. It's not just hammers and screw drivers at some of these places. You can also borrow stuff like wood chippers and gas powered water pumps.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:09 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
It's not just hammers and screw drivers at some of these places. You can also borrow stuff like wood chippers and gas powered water pumps.
Wood chippers,,, that would cut into the divorce business

Old 03-29-2012, 11:56 AM

179 posts, read 465,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
It seems there are times where I just need random tool to do some small job. I dont think its wise to buy a tool for a 2 minute job. I just need a rubber hammer.

Is there place for things like this? any suggestions?
The Dollar stores.........good luck !

Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
home depot and lowes rent hand and power tools. Autozone, and pep boys loan/rent automotive tools.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 AM

460 posts, read 3,547,154 times
+1 on Autozone, Advance auto, etc as I've borrowed tools a few times to fix my car with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey