Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,570 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Hi I am moving to prospect avenue in East Orange. I want to move to Harlem, but cant afford it just yet. I work in NYC and will be only four blocks from Brick Church Station. I have NO intentions of hanging out in the area. This will pratcially be a place to sleep. I work and play in NYC, i wont hang out in the neighborhood. I know some people will inquire about my demographic: I am black, 24 years old, small frame and keep to myself. The only thing that will make me stand out is the way I dress: I used to work at brooks brother so a wear alot of bowties and sweaters that sort of thing. I go through the neighborhood to catch the train. But what is it like to LIVE there? The apartment building I am moving to is beautiful. but just wanted to get a feel about how to go about being a resident that doesn't ask for trouble..[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Serious posters only: flamers and trolls please stay off this post. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,294 times
did anyone ever reply? Did you move to this street, 4 blocks from Brick Church Station? Is the bldg Executive House, by chance? I'm considering the same, but I'm single female and VERY concerned about crime. Exec House has 24-hour doorman and security which is appealing. Thus, has anyone ever lived here? Feedback appreciated!

Old 05-13-2016, 01:19 PM

4 posts, read 11,855 times
Default East Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
[SIZE=2]Hi I am moving to prospect avenue in East Orange. I want to move to Harlem, but cant afford it just yet. I work in NYC and will be only four blocks from Brick Church Station. I have NO intentions of hanging out in the area. This will pratcially be a place to sleep. I work and play in NYC, i wont hang out in the neighborhood. I know some people will inquire about my demographic: I am black, 24 years old, small frame and keep to myself. The only thing that will make me stand out is the way I dress: I used to work at brooks brother so a wear alot of bowties and sweaters that sort of thing. I go through the neighborhood to catch the train. But what is it like to LIVE there? The apartment building I am moving to is beautiful. but just wanted to get a feel about how to go about being a resident that doesn't ask for trouble..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Serious posters only: flamers and trolls please stay off this post. [/SIZE]
You can move there if you want, but if you have a car, after you move there you won't have it much longer.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 4,815 times
I live in East Orange. Just moved there last year from Brooklyn. We live closer to the Watsessing Ave train station, and we love it. An acquaintance moved to East Orange from Queens recently and he really enjoys his space as well. He lives closer to Brick Church. He is in finance and we are in Finance and are entrepreneurs as well. Just like many places, including NYC, you can find it seems to be good blocks and not so good blocks. Price wise, now is the time. Don't wait to get priced out. Development and change is coming to East Orange!

Old 07-12-2016, 07:04 AM

79 posts, read 95,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieAVH View Post
I live in East Orange. Just moved there last year from Brooklyn. We live closer to the Watsessing Ave train station, and we love it. An acquaintance moved to East Orange from Queens recently and he really enjoys his space as well. He lives closer to Brick Church. He is in finance and we are in Finance and are entrepreneurs as well. Just like many places, including NYC, you can find it seems to be good blocks and not so good blocks. Price wise, now is the time. Don't wait to get priced out. Development and change is coming to East Orange!
The ones "priced out" will find the same happening in Newark and then contaminate Jersey City, Harrison, and Kearny.

Brick Church is basically Shop Rite.

East Orange PD are super strict and usually on top of things. Park Ave area is the slum. You should be OK.

A half block down is Orange...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey