Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 AM

244 posts, read 597,938 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be buying a home in Old Bridge, NJ. We prefer houses on the northeast side of Old Bridge (east of Route 9). Biggest reason is it is easy access to both the Aberdeen train station and the Cheesequake Park and Ride for the bus. Overall, we feel like it will be an easier commute to the city (we could avoide route 9 )and we like the area.

However we did see a few houses off of Texas Road (west side of Route 9) in Presidential Estates and Woodhaven. I have a few quetions though...

1) How is the traffic on Texas Road headed to Route 9 during rush hour. There seems to be one light that gets backed up, but looking for info on how bad it is?

2) How is the bus situation on Route 9? - I found this on an Old Bridge website and it looks like most of the lots are filled up early. I would look to be catching the bus at 8am (assuming it takes and hour). Are there other lots available? I noticed on Texas Road and Route 9 there is a bus stop, but I couldn't find the parking for it. I read that the Shoppes at Old Bridge which is the closest to this bus stop doesn't have parking so I am confused.

Route 9 North & Westminster Blvd. , Usually filled by 7:30 a.m.
Route 9 North & Inverness Drive,Usually filled by 8:00 a.m.
Route 9 North and Jake Brown Road, Free usually filled by 7:00 a.m.
Route 9 & Throckmorton Lane, Free usually filled by 7:00 a.m.
Knights of Columbus, Free - usually filled by 7:00 a.m.
Carl Sandburg Middle School, Ticetown Road
Home Depot, Route 9 South

3) The houses are 2-3 miles away from the racetrack. And the real estate agents disclosed the homeowners in one house only heard the noise once and the other house not at all. BUT is the traffic on the day of the races horrid?

Thanks all for your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren810g View Post
My husband and I will be buying a home in Old Bridge, NJ. We prefer houses on the northeast side of Old Bridge (east of Route 9). Biggest reason is it is easy access to both the Aberdeen train station and the Cheesequake Park and Ride for the bus. Overall, we feel like it will be an easier commute to the city (we could avoide route 9 )and we like the area.

However we did see a few houses off of Texas Road (west side of Route 9) in Presidential Estates and Woodhaven. I have a few quetions though...

1) How is the traffic on Texas Road headed to Route 9 during rush hour. There seems to be one light that gets backed up, but looking for info on how bad it is?

2) How is the bus situation on Route 9? - I found this on an Old Bridge website and it looks like most of the lots are filled up early. I would look to be catching the bus at 8am (assuming it takes and hour). Are there other lots available? I noticed on Texas Road and Route 9 there is a bus stop, but I couldn't find the parking for it. I read that the Shoppes at Old Bridge which is the closest to this bus stop doesn't have parking so I am confused.

3) The houses are 2-3 miles away from the racetrack. And the real estate agents disclosed the homeowners in one house only heard the noise once and the other house not at all. BUT is the traffic on the day of the races horrid?

I don't know about the parking lots, but in regard to #3. You're going to hear a lot of noise from Raceway Park. While the track might be 2-3 miles, it's prob a lot closer as the crow flys.

I'll say this with 100% certaincy, the realtor is lying to you if they said only 1 homeowner heard the noise. Plus I know on the big race days, Englishtown Road is backed up for miles and I'm sure the overflow heads onto to Texas Road.

Here's the schedule for March only. You tell me how you're not going to hear unmuffled cars?

Drag racing schedules for Top Fuel Dragsters, Funny Cars, Modified, motocross racing, monster truck shows in NJ, and other fun group activities.

People in Marlboro and Manalapan complain about the noise from the track, but I will say it's been there since the 1960's, so if you buy there, then don't complain about it.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:08 AM

255 posts, read 455,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren810g View Post

I don't take the bus to work anymore but I do pass the Carl Sandburg lot every day driving down Ticetown Road and I have never once seen it anywhere close to full.

I don't think you'll have any problem finding a spot there..

The information on the other lots seems fairly accurate based on what I've observed driving along route 9.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:23 PM

391 posts, read 1,476,349 times
my office is appx 8 miles from the track; noise can sometimes be heard here inside the building with the windows closed.

i'd be more concerned about noise then traffic if i were you.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:19 PM

19 posts, read 56,885 times
I've been doing the commute from Old Bridge to NYC for a number of years - not fun at all. Carl Sandburg lot is probably your best bet at 8am - down side is on the PM walk from the bus stop to the lot. Have friends that live in Morganville & Marlboro and they def. hear the noise from the track but it's once in a while.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM

244 posts, read 597,938 times
We've decided to focus on NE Old Bridge to avoid the racetrack and so I can take the Cheesequake Bus Stop....Definitely would be easier (and have the train option as well). Hopefully we will be closing on a house soon!

Old 05-21-2019, 08:28 AM

47 posts, read 40,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem212 View Post
I've been doing the commute from Old Bridge to NYC for a number of years - not fun at all. Carl Sandburg lot is probably your best bet at 8am - down side is on the PM walk from the bus stop to the lot. Have friends that live in Morganville & Marlboro and they def. hear the noise from the track but it's once in a while.

What is making you say no fun at all? I'm looking for peace I hope it isn't horrid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey