Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 07:09 AM

284 posts, read 616,903 times

Advertisements

Someone suggested me to look into both schools.

I have looked into greatschools for review but hope to get reviews from CD..

Does anyone know about the academics, the class size (will check with the school as well), how willing are the teachers to help the students (a few not so great reviews from greatschools.) ?

My child has an IEP, will it be a problem? I do prepare to provide private tutoring.

Any suggestions on what I should look for when I visit the school?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 AM

513 posts, read 1,167,220 times
What does it say on the IEP? Not all private schools are equipped for what can be found in IEPs.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 PM

if the private school is not able to provide, I plan to pay privately.
I think I would only need the study guide prior to tests and teachers' notes.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:00 PM

26 posts, read 52,886 times
If your child has special learning needs, you will be better served by a public school. Regardless of what the Catholic school's principal may say, they just don't have the resources.

Good luck.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:10 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,220 times
It's great that you want a nice school for your child. I agree with the above poster. Perhaps you need a more thorough understanding of what is in your child's individual education plan....and how he/she specifically learns. Please go over the IEP with someone who is in special services in your district or at a nearby college. There are folks who can help you understand it and break it down to make it very manageable for you and your child.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 PM

I do not want to digress from my post. I searched earlier posts, seems that someone had a very positive experience with Mount St. Dominic Academy, but I assumed it happens in every school.

On the issue of IEP, please leave it to me. I understand the IEP process, the sped head in my sd does not. This is a person who should have retired years ago even I have to pay for her pension. After trying to work with her for 5 months and had her read the regulations during meetings, I finally realized I could not reason with "ignorance + arrogance", I went to the County Supervisor's office to have the problem resolved. In my sd, I was also at a point that I was prepared to pay for everything because "they" are incompetent. I have filed DP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: