Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
But you must realize most of you are sterotyping Nashville. Diane

oookkkkaaayyy, and you haven't stereotyped NJ *at all*, even though you've *lived* here and should know better. gotcha.

the only thing I've ever commented on about where you live is the "Stepford" thing - and that's only because *you're* the one who proudly proclaimed that is the environment there.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:19 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
oookkkkaaayyy, and you haven't stereotyped NJ *at all*, even though you've *lived* here and should know better. gotcha.

the only thing I've ever commented on about where you live is the "Stepford" thing - and that's only because *you're* the one who proudly proclaimed that is the environment there.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

^^^^^^^^^ Well then it's true...no cowboy hats. (That was a joke.)

Old 09-21-2007, 01:13 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
But you must realize most of you are sterotyping Nashville. You think we all walk around with cowboy hats on , but the fact is only the tourists do, and some are from NJ. If I go downtown or near the opryland hotel where the Tourists are and I see one I laugh . True, County stars put them on but it is part of their act and you should see some of their homes.
I've lived in NJ, 13 YEARS, my son still lives there, and I also have other family there, so I'm saying what I saw and lived.
Most of you have never been here or have been thru on a fast business trip.
Nashville, has the 2nd oldest state capital in the US. There have been Presidents from TN. It is modern, more stores and restaurants that you can imagine. It's also diverse which is not true of a lot of the south.
Nashville, Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Here is a Link, but the Medium income is incorect because it was published in the tennessean the other day as $66,000 for Nashville , which is the highest in state. You have to realize that portions of the state are rural and its real cheap to live in those areas. You can buy homes in those areas in the $60,000, with acres of land, so thats why the state medium income is lower.
A new friend I met at my daughters college at orientation , orginally from upstate NY lives in one of those small rural towns, has 3 acres of land, pays only $500 a year in real estate taxes. So not struggling because cost of living is much less. She said lots of Floridians are moving there. We have experience that here, but most here are Native Floridians with money buying Million dollar homes.
Diane
What makes your posts so annoying is the endless preaching of how Nashville is utopia. I've been there, thought about moving there and there is PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY that is wrong with it. I won't bother to list all the negatives of Nashville here, because people reading the NJ boards don't care about Nashville. If they did they would go to the freaking Nashville board. Can't you give it a rest, just for a second or two? It's so dull.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
How many of you regulars jump around on this forum?
How many read all the disparaging comments regarding NJ??

How many of you get really pizzed off, especially if the comments are by fellow or ex fellow Jerseans??? Ok fine maybe they didn't it like it here for one reason or another or are ticking off the days until they leave, BUT there are many who do like it here and for many reasons!!

I mean what is up with this....sure we aren't perfect but I like it here and sometimes have to let my response "sit" for a few minutes before I hit the submit button...good thing I do or I'd be in hot water for sure with the mods as I just want to BLAST these nay sayers and defend my state
a great song by dwight yokum
you dont't know me but you don't like me but you've never walked the streets of bakersville.

stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
a great song by dwight yokum
you dont't know me but you don't like me but you've never walked the streets of bakersville.

stephen s
san diego ca
hmmm..I'll have to give it a listen

Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
Buck Owens and Dwight Yoakam "The Streets of Bakersfield" (http://www.bakersfield.com/static/FP/baksound/streetmo.htm - broken link)

YouTube - Dwight Yoakam - Streets of Bakersfield

Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
What makes your posts so annoying is the endless preaching of how Nashville is utopia. I've been there, thought about moving there and there is PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY that is wrong with it. I won't bother to list all the negatives of Nashville here, because people reading the NJ boards don't care about Nashville. If they did they would go to the freaking Nashville board. Can't you give it a rest, just for a second or two? It's so dull.
Someone about 6 months ago followed me to the Tennessee board, not city data, from a NJ.com board. It was someone from Manalapan, and I posted on that board before I left Jersey.
Sure, no place is perfect but NJ almost killed us. If I didn't have that enviormental problem, I would have been out 2 years before, when the market was strong and not in a decline. That added to the heartache.
It's surely no Stepard here but people are more polite. Today at the mall I was talking about a real Estate ad about a Subdivision I did not like, it was set up like a village, like the one they were building in Manalapan. The person started talking to me and saying she agreed. That is the interaction I never had in NJ.People just stood with their noses in the air. It may have been localized to certain parts of the state but this is what I encountered everyday.
Diane

Old 09-21-2007, 04:59 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
How did you like the song ?

Speed bump

Old 09-21-2007, 05:25 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Someone about 6 months ago followed me to the Tennessee board, not city data, from a NJ.com board. It was someone from Manalapan, and I posted on that board before I left Jersey.

Quote:
Sure, no place is perfect but NJ almost killed us.
What did you do to NJ that it wanted to kill you? How did NJ try to kill you?

Was it ninjas? Theres alot of ninjas in NJ. Big ninja problem. Worst part about ninjas... you never even know they are there. But they are. Watching. Ready to kill you. New Jersey must be a new ninja if you survived.

Quote:
That is the interaction I never had in NJ.People just stood with their noses in the air.
You know, I have to agree. While NJ people keep their noses in air, some people in other states prefer to put their noses where they don't belong. Me? I like air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey