U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 13,541 times

Advertisements

The area in Cherry Hills (Monmouth Model, I presume) is just to see how the finished townhome will look like, you are right in your analysis that the area in S. Plainfield (2055 Sq Ft) is smaller than Cherry Hills (2200 Sq Ft). Plus, the ceiling height is also 8-9-8 (Basement/Level-1/Level-2) in S. Plainfield while it is 9-10-9 in Cherry Hills.

In the option of townhomes, each Augusta|Baltusrol|Cypress have their own unique features, so it is a matter of personal choice and budget on which one to choose as the difference in Sq. Ft is not significant, while the corner units (Cypress) has a price premium compared to Augusta|Baltusrol.

While I also feel the price-range is on the higher-end, keep in mind that this is a new construction, plus the builder will have to lay roads, lamps, etc. a part of cost is bundled (I believe) in the price being offered to buyers though they will not be candid in saying this to us. It being a transit community (1 mile from NJT station, shuttle service to/from train station) I believe it is a good buy as the quality of construction seems very good.

I agree with you on the add-ons (W/D, Fridge, etc.) not being offered but it is a simple equation of demand/supply and as the townhomes are flying out fast, the builder has no intention of offering in the near future as well, is what my understanding is after multiple discussions with Sales Office.

All the best to you (as well).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,940 times
while i like the properties but it's at the very higher end price. Those who buy early will pay high price and sell at lower price in this market unless you plan to stay there for at least 10 years. I saw similar situation with the heritage house in Piscataway. If you are single then it's ok but if you have kids, Piscataway school system is not great when compare to east brunswick, north edison and bridgewater. With the amount of HOA fee which almost $300 per month plus property tax, you can get a single family house in those three areas and pay the same amount for property tax. Remember, your property tax will increase and so your HOA fee. I definitely think the HOA is way too high and it will be difficult for you to sell later. Another issue is traffic. You should try to drive their during rush hours.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 AM

19 posts, read 19,168 times
Any latest updates on this community will be much appreciated.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,592 times
Default Faiway at piscatway

Hi All,
I am new to the piscataway area, I saw the Fairway community getting developed there. Can anyone tell me about the ratings of the public schools starting from Elementry to high school that a kid from Fairway Community at piscataway would be going to?
Also if possible can some one also tell me that how is the special education in Pisctaway public schools?

Thanks,
Shilpi

Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM

5 posts, read 8,684 times
Checked out the townhouses here. The sales office said these are going very fast and it is in the final phase of construction. The prices seem to be on the higher end.. their townhouses start from the mid 400s. I am familiar with the piscataway area itself, having rented close to the fairway villas.. but just wondering if it's really worth the high price and the $300 per month HOA fee..??

Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,305 times
Default Is the HOA fees $300 or $400?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtina81 View Post
Checked out the townhouses here. The sales office said these are going very fast and it is in the final phase of construction. The prices seem to be on the higher end.. their townhouses start from the mid 400s. I am familiar with the piscataway area itself, having rented close to the fairway villas.. but just wondering if it's really worth the high price and the $300 per month HOA fee..??
Has the HOA been recently increased? Did you actually take a tour of their model homes etc?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 PM

10 posts, read 11,044 times
The houses are built around several power lines and a huge generator !!! Thats my major concern bc of the dangers it can cause to our health....those things can cause cancer. It seems as if no one is aware of this issue. As for the pricing, tthe houses and maintenance is way too expensive and they come with the cheapest appliances, carpet, and very plain kitchen/bathroom tiles. I decided to purchase Cedarwoods condos instead. Much more affordable and high quality. They come with hard wood floors, stainless steel appliances, and modern cabinets and tiles!! They sre also bigger than Fairway. Most importantly Cedar Woods isn't surrounded by power lines.

Last edited by Cinnabuns; 09-18-2013 at 11:50 PM..

Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,243,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabuns View Post
I decided to purchase Cedarwoods condos instead. Much more affordable and high quality.

I will grant you that there are no powerline issues at Cedarwoods, but I seriously question the, "high quality" of the construction there.

The builder, who is currently being sued by the condo associations of two of his former construction projects because of slipshod construction quality, has taken major shortcuts with construction methods & materials at his previous projects. What you see may look like high quality, but, what you can't see is potentially a quality issue.

I sincerely wish you the best at Cedarwoods, but unless the builder/developer has made a MAJOR change in his construction methods, you may wind up in a lawsuit against him, just like the folks in Birch Run (across the street from Cedarwoods) and another community nearby.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 AM
PDD

5,942 posts, read 6,227,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabuns View Post
The houses are built around several power lines and a huge generator !!!
Don't blame you for not wanting to live under or near power distribution high voltage lines. They are unsightly and for that reason alone I would not live near them.
There are no generators located in Piscataway unless they built a generating plant in the last few years. You probably mean transformers which cause no threat unless they explode which rarely happens.
As far as high voltage lines causing cancer it is an unproven theory propagated by people selling homes that cost more than homes located near power lines.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:08 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,243,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
As far as high voltage lines causing cancer it is an unproven theory propagated by people selling homes that cost more than homes located near power lines.

Yup!
An unproven theory, propagated by builders and by their sales staff.

Just as with several, "one time only", positive posts in a different thread regarding the Cedarwoods project, I strongly suspect that this, "newbie", is a member of the sales staff, and is not actually somebody who just bought a unit at that development.

If Cinnabuns posts on other topics, I might believe that he/she is actually a new unit owner at Cedarwoods. Until that time, I will be under the impression that this is just one more attempt by the developer to sell units, despite the bad publicity resulting from current litigation over faulty construction at his previous projects.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey