Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 32,444 times

Advertisements

Hi all...

Today one of my good friend introduced me to this new upcoming community on stelton road, Fairway Towne Center by edgewoodproperties.com

The 2 bedroom condos are priced from 275K and townhomes are from 375K i guess... Can you guys please shed some light on if these prices sound right for the locality and any other details about this area?

Thanks to all in advance....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 AM

1 posts, read 15,985 times
The area is really nice. We live to near by one of the apartments there. You all shopping place in the same road. close to train stations. Safe place, you can come back home even at midnight on that road and will be little busy only not empty. I always liked this place in edison. Nice community people around those apartments nearby. I havent seen problems, so far. About price no idea. But nice area on the whole.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 32,444 times
thank you applebee...

any others who can shed some light on this??

Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 AM

7 posts, read 46,128 times
Did anyone book Townhouses at Fairway at Piscatway, what is the price of different models - Augusta, Baltusrol and Cypress ?

Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,043,082 times
Prices are about on point with the rest of the area. The area is interesting, though.

The acreage on which the development is being built is an old driving range, golf course, and pitch'n'putt facility. Behind the location are a number of clean industries. On the other side of Suttons Lane is the Livingston Campus of Rutgers University. A significant amount of building is going on there with new dorms and classroom buildings. This may impact traffic in the future, though I cannot say for certain which way he traffic patterns will flow a this time.

Selton Road, which is the main thorofare going east to west can be rather congested during rush hour with the traffic coming from the surrounding developments heading west to I-287. The intersection at Selton Road and Ethel Road is going to need to be upgraded. I do not know if that was a condition of planning board approval.

Applebee is spot on regarding shopping. Westbound on Stelton are Hadley Center and Middlesex Mall. Eastbound takes you toward Edison and Route 1. On Route 1 is Wick Plaza, with a number of shops.

As mentioned, the train station is also close by. Head east on Stelton to the first light after aethel. Turn right on to KilmerRoad and head to the next light. At that light turn left onto Kilner Court and you will get into the parking area of the train station. BUT you need to have a parking permit for that lot. To get one, if needed, you would have to talk with NJ Transit.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 46,128 times
thank you

Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM

279 posts, read 1,086,138 times
Townhouse for 375K in piscataway???? i think that is overpriced. In this market, you can buy a decent house for ~$300K in Pway. Townhouse will also require a monthly maintenance fee along with your taxes. That area is getting too congested anyway. I grew up here and can't believe how much congestion has grown. Since I was raised in Piscataway I may be biased....outsiders may see this as a great option for middlesex county living.....but i think its too much $$$.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 27,594 times
I have recently gone to the Fairway development community and they don't have a model house yet. The sales rep says that she has sold out 60% of the houses already. It is surprising as other developments are giving incentives to finish the booking for the last 2 years and yet unable to, but this one is selling fast. Is this true or is it a marketing trick? Did anyone else purchase in this development? I really want to find out if this property is worth the hard earned money as I am looking for a town home and buying for the first time.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 19,460 times
To: buy_first_nj
I stay closeby to the Fairway Towne Center and having been tracing their development for the last 4 months. From a construction standpoint, they are building fast and appear to be on-track for end-of-2012 delivery. A couple of my friends have bought homes in Phase-1.

They are indeed getting a lot of enquiries and selling townhomes rapidly. In each of the last three buildings that they released townhomes (5-unit or 6-unit or 8-unit), they have increased the base price by 2,500 USD over the previous buildings released. While their sales on condos appears slow (there are yet a few units in Building#7 released in MArch and Bulding#5 released in April), the townhomes are going fast.

I am also evaluating the next phase and looking to buy in the next set of townhomes getting released. It may make sense to visit their other sites (Hamilton and Cherry Hills) to get an idea of the finished product, as Phase 1 in both these complexes has been completed.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM

2 posts, read 27,594 times
Default Thanks Prakash

I went today again and spoke to their front desk rep. I also took a look at their Cherry Hill model house. The house is awesome, but the sq ft is 2200 in Cherry hill while its only 2055 for the Baltusrol model. And they are not offering any Washer/Dryer and Refrigirator and no incentives like free upgrades on anything. Is this a good deal to go ahead with given that they are placed in a prime location and new construction? Also I roam around to get a feel for the area and spoke to one of their older properties - The Traditions in South Plainfield not far from there. One guy told that in this market that seems to be in the higher end of the price for this area. But the schools are better than South Plainfield for that matter and having the shuttle service would help as we wont need a second car.
I am also weighing my options to go for the second phase construction which is due for deliver in April of 2013. Please reach out if you can give any valuable suggestions at sreerampratap@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey